Nokia LUMIA 920 MASSIVE reception BUG

youssefelra

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Alright well ive had my phone now for 1 month, and within the first week my phone had kept losing reception some how, the bars would be there and everything but i cannot send messages nor recieve nor do calls to anyone and also no calls can get to me, so i then contacted nokia and had my phone sent to repairs for 2 weeks and apparently it did get repaired and just got it back yesterday and i am still having the exact same issue!!! Its really frustrating im just wondering if anyone knows a solution to this that can help me in anyway please! Also the only way to fix the problem is to turn my phone off and on or the signal will not come back at all no matter how long i leave it. Worst bug on earth!

Thank you

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
hello,

I had the same issue, but I also had a re-booting issue. Sent my phone to repair, they just installed portico and nothing changed regarding the re-booting. Sent it again and got new phone. So my case was solved that way.

But that reception problem. I only noticed that twice (because its hard to notice because everything seem to be okay unless you try to make a call or send sms). I guess you just have to send it back for repair and hope they send you new one. I am thinking its something to do with hardware.

When you are at that bug state, also switching to offline (airplane) mode and back solves the situation.

youssefelra

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes i can imagine it'll be really hard to notice an issue like that but since i use it alot for messaging and calling i notice it straight away. And yeh i do the airplane mode thing too but its honestly so annoying

youssefelra

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Its not the sim card thats the thing, because when i sent it to repairs and used my sim card on my other phone i wasnt having any problems with it at all

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes, its not SIM issue. I have same SIM now and no problems what so ever with this new phone. I think there is nothing much to do than sending it back. I know how frustrating it is (mine was 2+2weeks in repair), but at the end it pays off.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
What's your highest connection speed in settings? Lumia 920 comes default with 4G set. If your SIM isn't 4G, you need to switch your highest connection speed to 3G. Restart.

WOAHesco

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
i thought i was the only one.... It's superrrrrrrrr frustrating. Mine's been acting up for the past month as well. I called AT&T and i'm getting a replacement phone. The sad part is they didn't even know how to trouble shoot it. Both reps that I talked to kept getting frustrated with me cause I told them that the battery cannot be taken out and that I cannot clearly see the water mark sticker....

xWisp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Its a problem with your carrier settings. Take it up with them because it won't get fixed till they push out an OTA update to fix it.

WOAHesco

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
What all of a sudden would've changed though? I've had the phone since November and it's been amazing up until a month ago.

youssefelra

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeh ive booked another repair for it so hopefully they give me a new phone or something because honestly im on contract and atm im paying for nothing -.-

youssefelra

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Im guessing its the update or something. I have this theory that it might be from microsoft hotmail causing it. So im testing some things out before i send my phone back to repair and see how it goes.

Mark Everingham

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem, when all of a sudden, I had wasn't receiving sms, I had even had some that morning.
I went through Orange UK online help and all I had to do was manually select network instead of automatic.

settings>mobile network>network selection (these might be called slightly different things depending on region and network)

Then I changed it back to auto after it had nearly instantly received my missed sms, so it would appear that in my case it wasn't registering properly with the network. has worked fine since, with it back on auto.

youssefelra

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I had done that aswell made sure all settings were correct and it was set to my provider instead of automatic like you but still didnt work and i was still having the same problem

WOAHesco

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
So I got my replacement on the 13th and I've had it for a week now.....

I'm still having problems.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I tried to make a call last week but I couldn't hear any kind of sound coming through the ear speaker, even though the screen showed that the phone was dialing, and then had connected. Does this describe the problems you guys have been having, or have you not been able to connect at all?

I rebooted my phone but that didn't help, so I had to use my wife's iPhone to make the call. Later on, my phone started working properly again so I didn't give it another thought until I came across this thread.

youssefelra

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I received my phone and sent it back to repairs the next day because i had the same problem... so now im waiting and its been about a week so when i receive my phone back i shall let everyone know how it went... i hope they give me a damn new one tho.

nlcbryan

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem and currently using telstra in Australia.

I managed to reduce the problem (still happens but less frequently) by setting my network settings to 3G only, and set to allow roaming.

This is just temporary, i hope Nokia starts to look into this issue. This definitely is issue between the carrier and Nokia as i found that other carriers seem to not have this problem with an unlocked 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa