So I just left UK and my phone does not work anymoar...

AlphaRonin

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I got a locked lumia 920 on Orange, Tmobile and EE in UK.

I just got to Spain and purchased an ORANGE prepaid sim, since my phone is locked to Orange.

But it seems I cannot get this to work, it acts as if its locked, and IT IS, but I am using an Orange sim just like in UK, why is this not working in Spain?

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
No, you can't get unlock codes for a 920 for free, at at present the turnaround seems to be about 7 days - I ordered one for mine on the 7th and it arrived this morning (that was via fonefunshop.co.uk). Cost was ?35.

Lots of online unlock sites will claim to provide instant unlocks but the reality for something as new as the 920 is that the process takes longer because the sites themselves don't generate the codes directly.

You might want to try calling Orange and seeing if they will generate a code for you, but that will also take some days to come through I would think (although it may well be quicker than an online source). They do have an admin fee (?20 IIRC) and some criteria - think you have to have been in contract for three months before they will generate the code.

AlphaRonin

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Alright thanks for that.

Lastly what is disappointing is the lack of OFF LINE MAPS now... What the ****? what is the point of this feature if i cannot use it outside of UK....

JFH_2012

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Since Nokia gives you either global maps or local maps for Nokia Drive, based on the location you are in, which in turn it bases on the sim card in the device, you should have downloaded the global or european maps to the device while you UK sim was in it.

irene111

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I got a locked lumia 920 on Orange, Tmobile and EE in UK.

I just got to Spain and purchased an ORANGE prepaid sim, since my phone is locked to Orange.

But it seems I cannot get this to work, it acts as if its locked, and IT IS, but I am using an Orange sim just like in UK, why is this not working in Spain?

Eventhough it is the same network since the country varies you will not be able to use Orange,Spain prepaid sim with your Orange,Uk locked Nokia 920.You need to unlock it.To get your mobile unlocked you can get the unlock code from ***** and follow their free instructions to unlock your mobile.Once it is unlocked you will be able to use other GSM networks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss