This phone has a few HUGE problems.

Jacob Weltchek

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
1. Terrible signal, my Samsung Focus S had almost full bars on 3G. The Lumia 920 barely holds 2 bars and rarely connects to LTE while I'm inside.

2. Terrible battery life even with background processes disabled (8 hours standby, 4 hours listening to music), this is mostly caused by the terrible signal trying to connect. Once again my Samsung Focus S out shined the Lumia 920 by giving me almost a full days worth of battery.

3. This thing gets very warm, again caused by the phone fighting for a signal. It is also caused by graphics intensive games, I thought Qualcomm said this chip was supposed to be super cool?

The hardware must be at fault here! I don't know what it is, but my families 3 Lumia 920's cannot hold a decent signal. Yet my old Android, and two other Windows Phone 7's can hold at least 3 bars everywhere (even in buildings). I wonder if it might have something to do with the 4G LTE chip being trash.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had awful 3 & 4g with my focus flash. Upgraded to 920 and it annihilated. I'm not sure how you are getting bad battery. I can't run proshot for that long and kill it.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I have great battery life and much better signal than I had on my iPhone 5. It sounds like you may have a hardware issue.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
You obviously have a defective phone or the signal quality in your area is terrible...seems like it's a defective phone.

I regularly get 12 hours of battery life on this phone with a ton of usage as it's my daily driver for my work and I'm on the phone all day long...that with checking email and even having it serve as a hotspot....
When I use it on the weekend it's easy to get 20 hours plus as there is more standby...

Take it back rather than wasting your time here and switch it for a new one.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
1. Terrible signal, my Samsung Focus S had almost full bars on 3G. The Lumia 920 barely holds 2 bars and rarely connects to LTE while I'm inside.

2. Terrible battery life even with background processes disabled (8 hours standby, 4 hours listening to music), this is mostly caused by the terrible signal trying to connect. Once again my Samsung Focus S out shined the Lumia 920 by giving me almost a full days worth of battery.

3. This thing gets very warm, again caused by the phone fighting for a signal. It is also caused by graphics intensive games, I thought Qualcomm said this chip was supposed to be super cool?

The hardware must be at fault here! I don't know what it is, but my families 3 Lumia 920's cannot hold a decent signal. Yet my old Android, and two other Windows Phone 7's can hold at least 3 bars everywhere (even in buildings). I wonder if it might have something to do with the 4G LTE chip being trash.

I do not think it it a faulty phone, I had these issues, a simple reset, then a full reboot solved everything. So if it gets messy, start with the basics. Then u go to uninstalling suspicious apps, and if nothing helps, a hard reset, possibly with a force flash of new firmware. If it works, then it was a software issue, and that is 99% of trouble. If the problem persists, then u know it is a faulty device and u ask for a new one :D

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Better not upgrade to an iPhone, because my friend has experienced similar problems with his. Poor signal strength in your area is the problem. Some phones are better at handling weak signals than others.

The problem is that no one tests for this anymore. So there's no way to know if one phone is going to be better than another.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I have had a sony C905 and W580. Both dropped calls in the house. The 920 has not drooped any calls in the house.
You can't comapare bars of signal
Battery life is great, no problems.

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
1. Terrible signal, my Samsung Focus S had almost full bars on 3G. The Lumia 920 barely holds 2 bars and rarely connects to LTE while I'm inside.2. Terrible battery life even with background processes disabled (8 hours standby, 4 hours listening to music), this is mostly caused by the terrible signal trying to connect. Once again my Samsung Focus S out shined the Lumia 920 by giving me almost a full days worth of battery.3. This thing gets very warm, again caused by the phone fighting for a signal. It is also caused by graphics intensive games, I thought Qualcomm said this chip was supposed to be super cool?The hardware must be at fault here! I don't know what it is, but my families 3 Lumia 920's cannot hold a decent signal. Yet my old Android, and two other Windows Phone 7's can hold at least 3 bars everywhere (even in buildings). I wonder if it might have something to do with the 4G LTE chip being trash.
You are correct that the bad signal is killing your phones battery life. However, that signal problem is not a native problem with every Lumia 920. Case in point, I am writing this on my Lumia and have excellent signal strength and battery life. Yesterday my phone died after about 10 hours, but I was in an area that ATT has no signal. So that makes sense.Go to your ATT store and demand them to look at your phone. Should still have a warranty so you should be able to get it replaced.

pookiewood

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Launch 920. Outstanding Battery life. Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS are always on. I can get through the day with music 2 and from work (also in the gym), a little gaming and LOTS of web browsing.

Also coming from Sprint after 10yrs I've been HIGHLY impressed by network connection and Speed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss