- 03-15-2013, 06:09 AM #1
1. Terrible signal, my Samsung Focus S had almost full bars on 3G. The Lumia 920 barely holds 2 bars and rarely connects to LTE while I'm inside.
2. Terrible battery life even with background processes disabled (8 hours standby, 4 hours listening to music), this is mostly caused by the terrible signal trying to connect. Once again my Samsung Focus S out shined the Lumia 920 by giving me almost a full days worth of battery.
3. This thing gets very warm, again caused by the phone fighting for a signal. It is also caused by graphics intensive games, I thought Qualcomm said this chip was supposed to be super cool?
The hardware must be at fault here! I don't know what it is, but my families 3 Lumia 920's cannot hold a decent signal. Yet my old Android, and two other Windows Phone 7's can hold at least 3 bars everywhere (even in buildings). I wonder if it might have something to do with the 4G LTE chip being trash.
- 03-15-2013, 11:04 AM #9
You obviously have a defective phone or the signal quality in your area is terrible...seems like it's a defective phone.
I regularly get 12 hours of battery life on this phone with a ton of usage as it's my daily driver for my work and I'm on the phone all day long...that with checking email and even having it serve as a hotspot....
When I use it on the weekend it's easy to get 20 hours plus as there is more standby...
Take it back rather than wasting your time here and switch it for a new one.
03-15-2013, 11:29 AM #10ex iPhone3G and iPhone4 user, ex Lumia920 user
- 192 Posts
Now a proud Nokia Lumia930 user
Ceterum censeo, Androidam delendam esse!
03-15-2013, 11:43 AM #11
- 371 Posts
Better not upgrade to an iPhone, because my friend has experienced similar problems with his. Poor signal strength in your area is the problem. Some phones are better at handling weak signals than others.
The problem is that no one tests for this anymore. So there's no way to know if one phone is going to be better than another.
- 03-15-2013, 12:02 PM #13
- 03-15-2013, 02:26 PM #14
Launch 920. Outstanding Battery life. Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS are always on. I can get through the day with music 2 and from work (also in the gym), a little gaming and LOTS of web browsing.
Also coming from Sprint after 10yrs I've been HIGHLY impressed by network connection and Speed.
- By gsquared in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 11-15-2012, 02:35 PM
- By webnoi in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 2Last Post: 05-15-2012, 11:55 AM
- By btbam91 in forum Samsung Focus S 4GReplies: 8Last Post: 03-20-2012, 12:32 PM
- By mapexvenus in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 2Last Post: 10-01-2011, 07:15 PM