Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

[INFO]As part of Nokia’s continuous development practice, we will be introducing new software updates for Nokia Lumia 920 and Nokia Lumia 820. This software, version 1232.5957.1308.00xx, includes further performance and stability improvements, enhancements to display stability during a call, and improved automatic display brightness adjustment.

In addition, Nokia Lumia 620 has some new software in the pipeline. This software, version 1030.6407.1308.00xx, will include improved touch behavior and enhancements to system stability and camera picture quality, such as corrected camera exposure when the flash is used in bright light conditions.

We are starting to deliver the latest software on new Lumia 920, Lumia 820 and Lumia 620 smartphones now. Current users of these smartphones will be receiving the updates to their phones later. In case you haven’t updated your phone software before, see this Nokia support page for useful instructions on how to receive and install an update on your Nokia Lumia phone.

If you would like to receive news about updates for Nokia phones and related software, be sure to follow the @NokiaSWUpdates Twitter feed.
    From Nokia
    [/INFO]
    Update:
    You can use Nokia Software Update for Retail (download from here) to check, download and install new firmware for your phone.
    It's very easy to use, automatically handle all the stuff for you - better than Nokia care suite.
    Notice: your data will be erased.
    (Thanks, nessinhaw for your info.)
    nsu.png

FAQ:
    1. Will this update fix "other" storage problem ?
    Quote Originally Posted by markfive View Post
    After you have updated your device, when your phone next checks for app updates there will be updates for some Nokia apps, including extras + info. Installing these updates will enable the storage extras menu in Settings.
    2. When will you get this update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokia View Post
    We are starting to deliver the latest software on new Lumia 920, Lumia 820 and Lumia 620 smartphones now.
    If you can not wait, try using Nokia care suite to check if the new firmware available for your phone, even though "Setting/phone update" on your phone saying that "no update available". I tried it and it works for me:
    ncs.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nsu.png  
    Last edited by longnd; 03-24-2013 at 04:39 AM.

Nice update but I wonder how long it will take Orange/EE to get this out to us...

you can try Nokia care suite to check if new firmware available for your phone.

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    So this enables the "other" storage fix?

Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    So this enables the "other" storage fix?
    yes
    Thanked by:
    tissotti and cameradork like this.

After you have updated your device, when your phone next checks for app updates there will be updates for some Nokia apps, including extras + info. Installing these updates will enable the storage extras menu in Settings.
    Lumia 930 | Surface Pro 3 |

The article did not say so tho, in fact it says the update is more like a service pack.

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    So it really does seem that the other storage fix is really only coming for Nokia phones, as this function is delivered via Nokia's extras + info. That's a bit surprising.

Just checked and my lumia 920 says that there's not updates available.

We'll get this update OTA, right?

Quote Originally Posted by WPhantom View Post
    We'll get this update OTA, right?
    It will always usually be OTA now

I wish my 920 gets them soon enough.

Come get if yourself - downloading from NaviFirm and flash (if you can't wait)

Has anyone flashed it using NaviFirm yet?

Quote Originally Posted by sanders2232 View Post
    Has anyone flashed it using NaviFirm yet?
    Yeah, many ... A new firmware for lumia 920 in navifirm?
    Thanked by:

What is the OS version?
    The same 8.0.10211.204 which had leaked?
    Last edited by Devamps; 03-15-2013 at 12:13 PM.

I've got the update, but no Extras+ update yet since rebooting. Wish there was a way to force that. MS need to improve the store experience.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedTheShark View Post
    I've got the update, but no Extras+ update yet since rebooting. Wish there was a way to force that. MS need to improve the store experience.
    There is a way to force it .... A new firmware for lumia 920 in navifirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Devamps View Post
    What is the OS version?
    The same 8.0.10211.204 which had leaked?
    Yeah, OS is the same ... but this fw has a lot of improvements ... and it seems to fix turn off problem too (when wi-fi enabled), at least, in my cp :)
    Thanked by:

Thank`s Jaripi
    So it's still the same leaked version that we were using.
    I have no problem with wi-fi enabled, and I'm using version 1232.5957.1308.4 CV GB Unblocked. Product Code 059R075
    So I will update again to my original version of Brazil 1232.5957.1308.xx Unblocked. Product code 059Q8T8
    Last edited by Devamps; 03-24-2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: q

Quote Originally Posted by Jaripi View Post
    There is a way to force it .... A new firmware for lumia 920 in navifirm?
    No, I have the Firmware update (whatever it fixes), but the Extras+ that's meant to have the storage fix isn't showing up yet. I'm sure it will in a few hours, just be nice if you could do a "check for updates" within the marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedTheShark View Post
    No, I have the Firmware update (whatever it fixes), but the Extras+ that's meant to have the storage fix isn't showing up yet. I'm sure it will in a few hours, just be nice if you could do a "check for updates" within the marketplace.
    Click that link and YOU will find all QR codes to force it (to get storage check) ...

QR codes: Force Nokia App/Settings Updates - QR Code Links

it does have the storage check and you can clear temp files but not the" other storage"..

Pardon my ignorance... But does flashing the new firmware obtained from Navifirm formats and deletes the files on my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by LazySunday View Post
    Pardon my ignorance... But does flashing the new firmware obtained from Navifirm formats and deletes the files on my phone?
    Yes, it does!
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast