exporting/viewing sms messages from Nokia Lumia 920 to PC

thepsych

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I use my Lumia 920 for business. My clients send text messages when I'm between offices and I send replies. I NEED to store those messages on their electronic files but I cannot access them even at outlook.com where they are supposed to appear under Messaging History. I saw this answer on one of the forums "If you interop unlock, you can install a homebrew SMS backup app which allows you to backup/export both SMS & Chat to your computer in several formats. It's also possible to restore"
PLEASE what the heck is "interop unlock" and what's an homebrew SMS backup app and where do I get it. MOST URGENT.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I use my Lumia 920 for business. My clients send text messages when I'm between offices and I send replies. I NEED to store those messages on their electronic files but I cannot access them even at outlook.com where they are supposed to appear under Messaging History. I saw this answer on one of the forums "If you interop unlock, you can install a homebrew SMS backup app which allows you to backup/export both SMS & Chat to your computer in several formats. It's also possible to restore"
PLEASE what the heck is "interop unlock" and what's an homebrew SMS backup app and where do I get it. MOST URGENT.

if it is most urgent, take screenshots of your texts, upload to skydrive.

If you are using your phone for business, I highly suggest you do not mess with unlocking or adding any homebrew apps on it.

thepsych

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Screenshots? Mate, I do hundreds of these things in a short time. I'd spend all day doing screen shots...I need something as simple as PC Suite that used to download all my sms to my PC but this useless package of Windows8 and Nokia combined don't have the imagination. What's wrong with them. I went to Nokia and one of their clones told me that PC Suite works on all Nokia phones including Windows 8 smart phones. Even I knew that was wrong. So much for the experts.

Anyone else please. If there's an app out there I need it sadly, badly and madly

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I saw your post at the other thread and I was able to do it after a few failed attempts.

Here's what I did.

I went to outlook.com, clicked the messaging history link and manually added page=3 after the given URL which is https://blu172.mail.live.com/?n=1787569406&fid=b#

hope it works for you too

That doesn't work for everyone. I have tried every possible way to manipulate my messaging history link and it just simple doesn't work.

MissChievous

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
To THEPSYCH. Cuzincurly's fix totally worked - he really is the man! I'm in Australia and like you I use text messages & need to keep electronic records for client files. I'm not IT savvy so when I went into my outlook account I got a different URL, I added the page=3 & it came up with page unknown. Then I clicked on the URL link in Cuzincurly's message & it came up with a totally different URL to Cuzincurly's and my original one, but still on my account so I added the page=3 and there they were. The only problem is the time of the text is incorrect - it's recording GMT but hay, at least I have them. Good luck mate!

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
To THEPSYCH. Cuzincurly's fix totally worked - he really is the man! I'm in Australia and like you I use text messages & need to keep electronic records for client files. I'm not IT savvy so when I went into my outlook account I got a different URL, I added the page=3 & it came up with page unknown. Then I clicked on the URL link in Cuzincurly's message & it came up with a totally different URL to Cuzincurly's and my original one, but still on my account so I added the page=3 and there they were. The only problem is the time of the text is incorrect - it's recording GMT but hay, at least I have them. Good luck mate!

no problem!..I'm a she by the way hehehehe

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't work for everyone. I have tried every possible way to manipulate my messaging history link and it just simple doesn't work.

tried it again.

the actual link of the messaging history is this, at least for my outlook
Code:
https://blu172.mail.live.com/default.aspx?n=1787569406&fid=b#n=1764510096&fid=

Remove the
Code:
 n=1764510096&fid=
part of the link which comes after
Code:
b#n
and replace it with
Code:
 page=3
or
Code:
page=1
, page 1 to go to the most recent messages.

Hopefully it really works this time

MissChievous

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi Cuzincurly. Need you help again. The text messages were there. I've been using the link & everything has been working fine. Now today, it just doesn't work. I've tried all your suggestions above - anything else you can suggest? I just don't understand how they can be accessed then you do exactly the same thing & they're not there.. help me please .....

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi Cuzincurly. Need you help again. The text messages were there. I've been using the link & everything has been working fine. Now today, it just doesn't work. I've tried all your suggestions above - anything else you can suggest? I just don't understand how they can be accessed then you do exactly the same thing & they're not there.. help me please .....

You're right it isn't working anymore...

Try clicking this link https://blu172.mail.live.com/default.aspx?n=1787569406&fid=b#n=1764510096&fid= My phone messages came out once I clicked that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb