Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
Like Tree5Likes
  1. thepsych's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
       #1  
    I use my Lumia 920 for business. My clients send text messages when I'm between offices and I send replies. I NEED to store those messages on their electronic files but I cannot access them even at outlook.com where they are supposed to appear under Messaging History. I saw this answer on one of the forums "If you interop unlock, you can install a homebrew SMS backup app which allows you to backup/export both SMS & Chat to your computer in several formats. It's also possible to restore"
    PLEASE what the heck is "interop unlock" and what's an homebrew SMS backup app and where do I get it. MOST URGENT.
  2. congusano's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    381 Posts
    Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by thepsych View Post
    I use my Lumia 920 for business. My clients send text messages when I'm between offices and I send replies. I NEED to store those messages on their electronic files but I cannot access them even at outlook.com where they are supposed to appear under Messaging History. I saw this answer on one of the forums "If you interop unlock, you can install a homebrew SMS backup app which allows you to backup/export both SMS & Chat to your computer in several formats. It's also possible to restore"
    PLEASE what the heck is "interop unlock" and what's an homebrew SMS backup app and where do I get it. MOST URGENT.
    if it is most urgent, take screenshots of your texts, upload to skydrive.

    If you are using your phone for business, I highly suggest you do not mess with unlocking or adding any homebrew apps on it.
  3. palandri's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,131 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,271 Global Posts
    #3  
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
  4. thepsych's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
       #4  
    Screenshots? Mate, I do hundreds of these things in a short time. I'd spend all day doing screen shots...I need something as simple as PC Suite that used to download all my sms to my PC but this useless package of Windows8 and Nokia combined don't have the imagination. What's wrong with them. I went to Nokia and one of their clones told me that PC Suite works on all Nokia phones including Windows 8 smart phones. Even I knew that was wrong. So much for the experts.

    Anyone else please. If there's an app out there I need it sadly, badly and madly
  5. thepsych's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
       #5  
    Thanks Palandri......but been there and it doesn't work
  6. cuzincurly's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    175 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by thepsych View Post
    Thanks Palandri......but been there and it doesn't work
    I saw your post at the other thread and I was able to do it after a few failed attempts.

    Here's what I did.

    I went to outlook.com, clicked the messaging history link and manually added page=3 after the given URL which is https://blu172.mail.live.com/?n=1787569406&fid=b#

    hope it works for you too
    Thanked by:
    davedavedavedave likes this.
  7. miodrage's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    187 Posts
    #7  
    Cuzincurly - ur the man!!! Thank u for this :D
    Now I know where to look for some messages I do not want to be seen ever :D
    ex iPhone3G and iPhone4 user
    Now a proud Nokia Lumia920 user

    Ceterum censeo, Androidam delendam esse!
    cuzincurly likes this.
  8. congusano's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    381 Posts
    Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzincurly View Post
    I saw your post at the other thread and I was able to do it after a few failed attempts.

    Here's what I did.

    I went to outlook.com, clicked the messaging history link and manually added page=3 after the given URL which is https://blu172.mail.live.com/?n=1787569406&fid=b#

    hope it works for you too
    That doesn't work for everyone. I have tried every possible way to manipulate my messaging history link and it just simple doesn't work.
  9. MissChievous's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #9  
    To THEPSYCH. Cuzincurly's fix totally worked - he really is the man! I'm in Australia and like you I use text messages & need to keep electronic records for client files. I'm not IT savvy so when I went into my outlook account I got a different URL, I added the page=3 & it came up with page unknown. Then I clicked on the URL link in Cuzincurly's message & it came up with a totally different URL to Cuzincurly's and my original one, but still on my account so I added the page=3 and there they were. The only problem is the time of the text is incorrect - it's recording GMT but hay, at least I have them. Good luck mate!
  10. cuzincurly's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    175 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by MissChievous View Post
    To THEPSYCH. Cuzincurly's fix totally worked - he really is the man! I'm in Australia and like you I use text messages & need to keep electronic records for client files. I'm not IT savvy so when I went into my outlook account I got a different URL, I added the page=3 & it came up with page unknown. Then I clicked on the URL link in Cuzincurly's message & it came up with a totally different URL to Cuzincurly's and my original one, but still on my account so I added the page=3 and there they were. The only problem is the time of the text is incorrect - it's recording GMT but hay, at least I have them. Good luck mate!
    no problem!..I'm a she by the way hehehehe
  11. cuzincurly's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    175 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post
    That doesn't work for everyone. I have tried every possible way to manipulate my messaging history link and it just simple doesn't work.
    tried it again.

    the actual link of the messaging history is this, at least for my outlook [code]https://blu172.mail.live.com/default.aspx?n=1787569406&fid=b#n=1764510096&fid=[/code]

    Remove the [code] n=1764510096&fid= [/code] part of the link which comes after [code]b#n [/code] and replace it with [code] page=3[/code] or [code]page=1 [/code], page 1 to go to the most recent messages.

    Hopefully it really works this time
  12. MissChievous's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #12  
    Sorry - I'll go with you're the best!!!
    cuzincurly likes this.
  13. MissChievous's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #13  
    Hi Cuzincurly. Need you help again. The text messages were there. I've been using the link & everything has been working fine. Now today, it just doesn't work. I've tried all your suggestions above - anything else you can suggest? I just don't understand how they can be accessed then you do exactly the same thing & they're not there.. help me please .....
  14. cuzincurly's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    175 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MissChievous View Post
    Hi Cuzincurly. Need you help again. The text messages were there. I've been using the link & everything has been working fine. Now today, it just doesn't work. I've tried all your suggestions above - anything else you can suggest? I just don't understand how they can be accessed then you do exactly the same thing & they're not there.. help me please .....
    You're right it isn't working anymore...

    Try clicking this link https://blu172.mail.live.com/default...764510096&fid= My phone messages came out once I clicked that
  15. MissChievous's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #15  
    Thanks for your reply. Am I supposed to put the page=3 at the end because it's not working for me :(
  16. cuzincurly's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    175 Posts
    #16  
    Nope, not anymore, just use the link as it is. :) the pag=3 is also not working anymore for me
  17. blangett's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #17  
    Anyone else find another work around for this? None work for me.
  18. Vibeke Voll's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #18  
    Hello. I have a problem finding my sms back-ups on the computer. Can anybody help?
    I have Windows 8 on my computer and have a Nokia Lumia 920.
    My mesaging history is empty (url: https://dub110.mail.live.com/default...57579186&fid=b) I read something about changing the url?
  19. MrAhmedAziz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #19  
    Love u for this :)
  20. MrAhmedAziz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzincurly View Post
    You're right it isn't working anymore...

    Try clicking this link https://blu172.mail.live.com/default...764510096&fid= My phone messages came out once I clicked that
    Love u for this :)
  21. MrAhmedAziz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #21  
  22. monte0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #22  
    I'd like to know this too. I'm coming from the Nokia 808 pureview and using PC suite was so easy compared to this.
  23. Shivkriti Raj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #23  
    Hi,

    Can please some one assist me as am unable to view the saved sms history and need to know how to view whats app messages backup for Nokia Lumnia 720.
  24. cuzincurly's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    175 Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzincurly View Post
    You're right it isn't working anymore...

    Try clicking this link https://blu172.mail.live.com/default...764510096&fid= My phone messages came out once I clicked that
    this link still works fine for me
  25. jeffmparker's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    #25  
    I too have the same business need to file my SMSs. Majority are formal official client communications. But all the links and modifications here don't work for me unfortunately.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Unlock Rogers Nokia Lumia 920 to use on Virgin
    By unstoppablekem in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-15-2013, 01:12 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 12:49 PM
  3. Connecting Nokia Lumia 920 to TV
    By helsten2 in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 01:08 PM
  4. Redirected from Nokia Lumia 920 forum--bug
    By Keith Wallace in forum WindowsCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 04:28 PM
  5. Nokia Lumia 920 to be an AT&T exclusive
    By Garrett92C in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-06-2012, 02:20 PM

Posting Permissions