43 new app updates!

LEC 360

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I just received a request to update 43 apps, I normally keep all my apps updated. Is this the Nokia updates that were announced recently?

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know of any work around for WP8 taking days to show you that there's updates for your apps? Just had "8 new updates" with some being added to the store 5 days ago. It's pretty poor...

rhodri22

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of any work around for WP8 taking days to show you that there's updates for your apps?

If you know the apps been updated, you can just search out the app in the store and see the update button. If you're asking how to make the tile update, I've got no idea.

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
seems that store update checks happens once every 24 hours, it first starts the first time you set up your phone (or when you go through the setup after a reset) and then runs every 24 hours from that time. for example, set up new phone on Monday 0900> next update check is on Tuesday 0900 > subsequent days at 0900

The update check will work with either a data or WiFi connection, if there is no working connection during the check, the check is then postponed until the next check. There seems to be no other way to invoke the update check at the moment. One way is to ensure that you have a consistent working connection. hope this helps :|

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It's better not to have periodic check every few hours. Most notifications in WP are designed so. That way only one server pings all your notifications at one point and time, unlike Android where each app can go crazy any number of times it wants. This works better for battery management

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
At first this bugged me too. But actually I now prefer this periodic checking. With android I'd have updates daily. I'd often ignore them for a bit as it wasn't always convenient to update. Since one is rarely *waiting* for an update, it seems fine to get them in chunks (though 40+ seems excessive).

Being able to change the frequency or time of the check, however, would offer some users some advantages, though.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
seems that store update checks happens once every 24 hours, it first starts the first time you set up your phone (or when you go through the setup after a reset) and then runs every 24 hours from that time. for example, set up new phone on Monday 0900> next update check is on Tuesday 0900 > subsequent days at 0900

The update check will work with either a data or WiFi connection, if there is no working connection during the check, the check is then postponed until the next check. There seems to be no other way to invoke the update check at the moment. One way is to ensure that you have a consistent working connection. hope this helps :|

That's what I thought at first. Then I realized that my phone was set up at between 10-11 a.m. And I always see the update in the morning between 6-7 a.m.
Now, I haven't seen any updates notifications on my phone for 2 weeks. And my friend's Lumia who had the same problem as mine. Suddenly received all his updates one week ago. Really hope that Microsoft will fix this bug.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay just got a text from friend who purchased a Lumia 920 after playing with my yellow phone. He had 76 app updates waiting! Now that clearly beats yours! But, he never ever kept the marketplace tile pinned! So only saw this updates mentioned in store today when he wanted to download something. Is that how you found it? or do you have the store tile pinned to home screen? You do get a regular count on that tile but if you don't have that pinned, there isn't any other way you would be reminded regularly.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay just got a text from friend who purchased a Lumia 920 after playing with my yellow phone. He had 76 app updates waiting! Now that clearly beats yours! But, he never ever kept the marketplace tile pinned! So only saw this updates mentioned in store today when he wanted to download something. Is that how you found it? or do you have the store tile pinned to home screen? You do get a regular count on that tile but if you don't have that pinned, there isn't any other way you would be reminded regularly.
This seems really, really likely. I tried out a Lumia 920 at a store nearby with a ton of apps installed, but it didn't have the Store tile pinned. So, I pinnedthe store tile, and guess what number it had?
88 app updates. (I didn't know the store manager liked playing games on the store unit)

K Raghu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am having similar issue. I have store pinned on in Live tile but i don't receive updates on it. My wife has the same phone and she gets the update and doesn't install so i check her phone and update my Lumia with updates. The only difference is she is on WIFI all day and i connect only when i need to.

I am not getting portico update for Lumia 920 (US with AT&T) and i checked 10 times and on call with Tech support they couldn't resolve. They event tried pushing update from thier side and doesn't work.

It can't be Nokia this time as they don't own the OS. it has to be AT&T and/or Microsoft. As Nokia cannot provide updates on thier website (it was possible in symbian days) now with Microsoft and Carrier they can't. I hate the contract phones now.

I have a follow-up call from AT&T this week will update on what happens. If i get a Refurb again or they fix it.
Regards
K.R

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of any work around for WP8 taking days to show you that there's updates for your apps? Just had "8 new updates" with some being added to the store 5 days ago. It's pretty poor...

Yes, I do. The surefire way I have found to trigger updates is to leave my phone on the charger overnight with WiFi enabled and connected. When I wake up in the morning the updates have appeared.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Thats what I do every night chgarge my 920 and leave wifi on generalyy one or two every morning. I too have lots of apps

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I do. The surefire way I have found to trigger updates is to leave my phone on the charger overnight with WiFi enabled and connected. When I wake up in the morning the updates have appeared.

My phone is on charge every night by my bed, with wifi always on enabled and this doesn't seem to cause app updates to pop up :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos