Signal drop on Lumia 920

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Bought a Lumia 920 a week ago and I've been suffering from low or NO signal at all most of the times.
Strangest thing is, i get full signal at some places and no signal reception at all in some places on my lumia, but i have full signal levels on other phones on the same carrier and on the same SIM.

A bit of information, i bought this SIM from Saudi Arabia but i now live in Sri Lanka.

1) Is this a firmware issue?
2) Do i need a 64 bit or 128 bit SIM? (Cz my service provider only provides 32 bit SIMs)

I've changed the SIM twice now, bt without a good result!

Your thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
My wife's 920 had the same thing. All of a sudden, the signal was gone. I took it to the store where they had a very powerful amplifier, and I was able to pickup a signal. As soon as I walked 100ft from the store... no signal again. I sent it back for a new phone. I think the cell antenna wires fell off or something, so it could pick up a very powerful signal, but elsewhere it wouldn't be able to pick up anything. Sorry about that!

-Jonathan

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
What's your maximum connection speed set to? If it's 4G and you are using 3G SIM, it won't ever be able to pick a signal. Change highest speed to 3G in settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro