Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    So lets say I want to send a picture via Messaging to my friend. I go to messaging, click the thread, press the paper clip, press picture, and press the camera button at the bottom. I take the picture, and don't like it, so I press retake. I take the picture again and I like it, so I accept it. All is good.

But if I go to my Camera Roll, those pictures are stored in my phone, even the one I didn't like (the one that made me do a retake). Anyone having this problem? I didn't seem to have this issue on my first 920, then I got a reconditioned one from AT&T with my warranty.

Does anyone know how to fix this annoying issue?? It would be very much appreciated.

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    don't see how this is an "issue"

if you take a photo, it's stored in the camera roll. where else would it store?

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Lol

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    How is this an issue?
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.- Plato

Global Posts
    33,003 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    It sounds like he is having an issue because there was some setting that got changed and his pictures are automatically getting saved, but in the past they didn't get automatically saved.

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    It sounds like he is having an issue because there was some setting that got changed and his pictures are automatically getting saved, but in the past they didn't get automatically saved.
    I would think that in the past, he probably did not NOTICE that his pictures were being saved.
  7.    #7  
    Hope you guys see my problem. Video was taken on a Nexus 4.

Last edited by unstoppablekem; 03-19-2013 at 01:40 AM.

There is no problem?

The phone is doing the correct thing by storing your pictures on the camera roll.

Yes?

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    Hope you guys see my problem. Video was taken on a Nexus 4.

In the video, I did not see the 1st pic when you went to the gallery. So what is the problem?

Even if all the pics are stored, I still don't see what the big deal is. Like everyone has said here, the camera is doing exactly as it should i.e. store pics that you have taken.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hipporama View Post
    In the video, I did not see the 1st pic when you went to the gallery. So what is the problem?

Even if all the pics are stored, I still don't see what the big deal is. Like everyone has said here, the camera is doing exactly as it should i.e. store pics that you have taken.
    I meant just the second picture. It shouldn't be stored anyways, since I took it within the messaging app, NOT the camera app.

I meant just the second picture. It shouldn't be stored anyways, since I took it within the messaging app, NOT the camera app.
    Everything will be stored. They are all apps. Messaging app is no different than those lens app. Hence your phone is acting just fine.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Huime View Post
    Everything will be stored. They are all apps. Messaging app is no different than those lens app. Hence your phone is acting just fine.
    Does this happen on your lumia?

And I don't think it should do this.

Yes it does.
    Once you understand how exactly WP8 works you will be understand this is perfectly normal.
    Think about it, WP8 is just a platform to run apps. Every function you see is driven by an app. Calling, messaging, taking pictures, browsing, clock, calendar... etc. Some are baked in some are portable. No matter what in the end they all works the same way.
  14. zc1

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Does this happen on your lumia?

And I don't think it should do this.
    The same happens with my phone. I don't have a problem with it, either.