Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By n3rfh3rd3r
  • 1 Post By n3rfh3rd3r

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    I just received my 4th replacement Lumia 920 in the mail from Rogers. The first replacement frequently froze when left idle for a time (totally black, non-responsive) requiring a soft-reset. The second replacement would hang up on calls constantly (5x in a single conversation!) and sometimes randomly switch to speaker...I suspected a bad proximity sensor. My third and latest replacement appears to do the same thing, it hangs up or I think I am talking to someone when I hear ringing...the call has hung up and my face is dialing a random number from the list of previous calls! Also the first 2 replacements had loose batteries clunking around

I am very frustrated with Nokia, and I also blame Rogers for this. Rogers will do nothing except keep sending replacements, thus far Nokia has been unwilling to help. Has anyone else experienced these problems with the 'refurbished' Lumia 920s Rogers sends out? Has anyone had any luck getting resolution? Does anyone have a Lumia 920 that doesn't have problems?

/rant
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Email Stephen Elop a well-written account (factual, not emotional) detailing the process you have gone through thus far. Suggest the recommended resolution is either a NIB replacement or the dollar value of your remaining contractual agreement. Whether it is Elop directly or his handlers I've gotten great responses in the past. Just remember, you aren't always right but if you can show Rogers and/or Nokia dropped the ball repeatedly they might step in to help.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyj View Post
    Does anyone have a Lumia 920 that doesn't have problems?
    My black Lumia 920 purchased on launch day in the US through AT&T has had no hardware issues that I care about. It has a little dust under the FFC, but I make it a point to block out all FFCs on all of my devices anyway, so I actually had to look at it for a different thread to know it was there. There's a thread here devoted to people who have also had no problems, and I'd imagine a good deal of 920 owners also are happy with theirs since they're not here trying to figure out why it's not working.

That does suck, however, and it's frustrating to be on your fourth device. That would start to sour me on any device as well. Try what wamsille said - it's worth a shot. Otherwise you might want to get on Nokia's Facebook page or tweet them or email/call them to see if they have any suggestions. Maybe your local Rogers distro center had a bad batch? Can you go into a Rogers store and see if they can do a replacement on the spot?

Hope you get it resolved, it really is a wonderful device when you get a working one :)
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cameradork View Post
    That does suck, however, and it's frustrating to be on your fourth device. That would start to sour me on any device as well. Try what wamsille said - it's worth a shot. Otherwise you might want to get on Nokia's Facebook page or tweet them or email/call them to see if they have any suggestions. Maybe your local Rogers distro center had a bad batch? Can you go into a Rogers store and see if they can do a replacement on the spot?

Hope you get it resolved, it really is a wonderful device when you get a working one :)
    Use Twitter, not Facebook. It's more public, but set up a new account just for this reason.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyj View Post
    Does anyone have a Lumia 920 that doesn't have problems?

/rant
    Sorry for all the problems you got but, I bought mine in mid-January and it is PERFECT! Never had problems with it. Mine is also from Rogers but I bought it online and unlocked. Batch 47/2012

I am on my 3rd. And pretty soon it's going back too. I haven't given up yet but my wife surely hates the phone now. I like WP8, it looks promising but this constant headache of faults and returns are getting to me.