Has anyone heard notification when you put 920 on desk?

WPer

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It is a weird but interesting fact that I recently observe of my Lumia 920. When I finish playing with it and put it on my desk (actually on my purse which is on the desk because I don't want the dust on the desk ruin the camera.), if I place it a little harder, it will play a notification-like sound.
I checked all the ringer and notification sound in my phone and none of them is the sound that I heard. It does sound like the "Lattice" ringtone but not the same.

Does anyone have the same experience? What is that?

WPer

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The wireless charger is horizontally 1 meter away and I disconnect the power of the charger but the sound is still there.

I don't think that is because of the charger because the sound it plays is not the charging notification sound.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Do you have NFC enabled on your phone? If so it is probably an NFC detect noise; when you put in on your purse it picks up on the Paypass in your Credit/Debit card which is NFC. Go to settings>tap+send and turn off NFC sharing, it'll stop the notification and will probably help your battery life, unless of course you need it on.

WPer

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Aha, I found the reason. There is a RFID card in my wallet and that is the reason of the sound. Interestingly, I don't remember my 920 has this behavior in the past. Is this a recent change? Does this change mean something coming in the future?

PS: I don't have any NFC app installed on my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720