- 03-21-2013, 03:22 PM #1
It is a weird but interesting fact that I recently observe of my Lumia 920. When I finish playing with it and put it on my desk (actually on my purse which is on the desk because I don't want the dust on the desk ruin the camera.), if I place it a little harder, it will play a notification-like sound.
I checked all the ringer and notification sound in my phone and none of them is the sound that I heard. It does sound like the "Lattice" ringtone but not the same.
Does anyone have the same experience? What is that?
03-21-2013, 03:50 PM #4
- 457 Posts
Do you have NFC enabled on your phone? If so it is probably an NFC detect noise; when you put in on your purse it picks up on the Paypass in your Credit/Debit card which is NFC. Go to settings>tap+send and turn off NFC sharing, it'll stop the notification and will probably help your battery life, unless of course you need it on.
- 03-21-2013, 03:52 PM #5
Aha, I found the reason. There is a RFID card in my wallet and that is the reason of the sound. Interestingly, I don't remember my 920 has this behavior in the past. Is this a recent change? Does this change mean something coming in the future?
PS: I don't have any NFC app installed on my phone.
- By wp7USER in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 258Last Post: 11-13-2013, 03:53 PM
- By phonegeeks in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 10Last Post: 11-28-2012, 06:22 AM
- By luckylifo in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 11-08-2012, 09:50 AM
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 01-20-2012, 07:55 AM
- By baseballbert in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 16Last Post: 11-18-2011, 02:40 PM