New Update, SO Happy! 1308.xx Update

Azzid

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
So, I have had the problem with my phone's screen going black because something is inside the proximity sensor, most likely dust. The new update that is coming out has fixed that for me. I mean, I can use the keypad when I make a call now, and it doesn't take me 5 or so tries to double click the power button and try to jab at the end call button. Storage issue is gone, I had a whopping 16 gigabytes taken up by useless temporary files. Now, I don't have to worry about this.

I updated via NaviFirm and Nokia Care Suite on a friend's computer, because I had only 250mb left and I was not going to delete anything as I use a Linux machine and the MTP protocol WP8 uses wonks Linux out for some reason.

Just happy that I can make calls in peace and not see, Low Storage error every day. You all should be excited.

Last edited:

PAPACLIFFY

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the new color picker? I have the new storage option and seem like a new pinch to go to slideshow in gallery, but no color picker/saturation controls. Odd though that I have the new Display+ interface.?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Sounds awesome. We'll all be getting it soon I expect. And I need it too. WPCentral got me my phone more full than a 5 dollar buffet. lol.

Azzid

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have not noticed that, so no.
I do seem to get a tad bit of better reception though.

EDIT: Also seems to boot faster.

Anyone notice The Nokia logo comes first, then, the AT&T logo, then the WP8 logo????

Azzid

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Sounds awesome. We'll all be getting it soon I expect. And I need it too. WPCentral got me my phone more full than a 5 dollar buffet. lol.

I updated last time with NCS the day the update came out and the OTA came out about a week later on AT&T. I should have waited for that one.

Iron Eagle

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the update primed and ready to go but I'm hesitant to hit the start button. Is there anything I should know before I push this firmware update into my phone? I'm so used to having the latest and greatest with my Nexus days I can be a little impatient.

I did read somewhere that it wipes all your data, which I don't want. Is there any way to avoid it or just be patient?

Azzid

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Do a backup through the settings, and then copy every folder on your device to your pc. After flash, copy every folder back, and at first boot it will ask you if you want to select a backup, say yes and that should do it. You also might need to individually update the system apps. You'll find them in the articles section somewhere on this forum.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Grats! I can't wait until it's officially distributed through the Phone Update menu. I have my Wiztiles themes saved and there's no way to back them up
52b0f867.gif

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the update primed and ready to go but I'm hesitant to hit the start button. Is there anything I should know before I push this firmware update into my phone? I'm so used to having the latest and greatest with my Nexus days I can be a little impatient.

I did read somewhere that it wipes all your data, which I don't want. Is there any way to avoid it or just be patient?

yeps, updating thru PC will wipe all your data (but you can make back-ups and restore ur stuff)
OR you can wait for OTA if you don't wanna go thru the trouble of backing-up and restoting stuff

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
yeps, updating thru PC will wipe all your data (but you can make back-ups and restore ur stuff)
OR you can wait for OTA if you don't wanna go thru the trouble of backing-up and restoting stuff

This is most feasible. If you're worried about data being wiped out, but you're patient - this is the best option.

Azzid

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Also, once you update extras+info, you will have a new setting called storage check. I just found the QR codes from around the web and scanned them.

Axefield

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
With 1308 update I have decided to make a soft reset after every time I charge to 100%. I've noticed that I might have quite bad draining going on and after soft reset it settles and the battery percentage usually jumps for example from 50% to 70%.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss