Nice effect - set your lock screen to a blurred version of your home screen

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Very classy result, thanks for sharing the detailed settings as well. It would be really nice if these kind of effects were built in and 'live'. At least MS can take some inspiration from this thread - if they spot it that is.

Edit: I like how the blurring of the messaging icon has turned it into a beam of light. Kind of gives it a Pantheon vibe. You know, to those that have been in Rome.

You are welcome. Sorry Angle is 45.
Yeah the messaging app icon is creating a nice effect. Ahhh I have never been to Rome.

Last edited:

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Played with it a bit more and added some 'frozen' layer on top of the image.

So much creativity going on in this thread! I like it, maybe a bit scary that it looks like the screen broke.. It could be fun if someone could do a 'frosted lock screen' where you clear a section of the 'frost' off to reveal e.g. your people tile.

Tmi0

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
So much creativity going on in this thread! I like it, maybe a bit scary that it looks like the screen broke.. It could be fun if someone could do a 'frosted lock screen' where you clear a section of the 'frost' off to reveal e.g. your people tile.

Like that? It was not funny without the finger ;)

wp_ss_20130326_0002.png

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to make a transparent kinda image using this method? Would be great to have a transparent effect like a frosted glass for example. So on unlocking only the glass layer moves up and down. Would be really cool if this could be possible.

Edit: I tried it give the lock screen file a transparent effect and I ended up with something pretty neat.

Settings I used were as follows.

Effect: Frosted Glass in Paint.net
Max. Scatter Radius: 40
Min. Scatter Radius: 0
Smoothness: 8

After this I reduced the opacity of the layer from 255 to 127 and saved it is an 8bit PNG file to reduce the file size.

The final result is shown below

wp_ss_20130402_0002.jpg

Last edited:

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Wow, some amazing concepts you guys posted...the neon is definitely wicked and i second it should be a theme option!

This really presents the endless cool options that could be applied to slide lock screen. how about blurring the start screen (such as pictured originally), and when you swipe up all the overlay text only swipes and clears up the screen? a transition fade in/out effect would also work out nicely.

man!!! is MS looking at this thread?? this is the kind of stuff that would impress the general public.

Ripper Cornelio

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Here's mine using a Little photoshop on my phone, it is not so good but well... Here it is

24gm4xw.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999