Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Do you use a screen protector ?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

56 36.84%
  • No

96 63.16%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Hey Friends,
    Have seen this post already but did not give me a perfect answer.

Will be getting my Red Lumia 920 pretty soon,
    Just wondering how many of you use a screen protector on your 920?

i know the Lumia 920 has Gorilla Glass 2, but have read that some people got their screens scratched.
    Now i have been using the Lumia 800 for a year now without screen protector,have'nt seen any scratches on it so far.
    The last thing i want on my 920 are scratches...

Post in your Views and Opinions. :)

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I do use a body guards / zagg type screen protector. The reason being that I prefer the feeling of it when typing. With the regular glass it feels to slick on my fingers...plus a little protection doesn't hurt. :). Better safe than sorry.
    Thanked by:

I don't know why but the Lumia 920 does scratch easy. Idk why when my Lumia 900 didn't ever scratch. I think it might have to do with the super sensitive touch. Might add an extra layer to the screen we don't know about. If I were you I would get one to be safe or get a wallet case that covers the screen when your not using it. I had both but the screen protectors do tend to lift after a while due to the curved glass. So get a wallet case.
    Thanked by:

I've bought a Nokia Sleeve, just waiting for it to arrive to see if it fits properly. It's a close fit, but there's not that many decent choices out there if you want something a bit discrete. I've always used sleeve when possible as I tend to carry a lot of junk in my pocket and it also helps protect it when I'm not using it out and about.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    No, mainly because I don't like the feel when typing. Bought it the day it was available on AT&T, and I have one very minor scratch that you can only see from a side angle on a black screen.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lamoureux View Post
    No, mainly because I don't like the feel when typing. Bought it the day it was available on AT&T, and I have one very minor scratch that you can only see from a side angle on a black screen.
    yes it does seem to get small minor scratches only but a scratch is a scratch. Considering that my Lumia 900 never had this problem it sucks that my 920 does. Trust me I've never like the wallet cases but there are some pretty low profile ones on amazon.

Clear coat film protector, in both side

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    Nope only a case to wrap around it naked body

I've had it for a month with no scratches what so ever
    Last edited by BIGPADDY; 03-24-2013 at 02:10 PM.
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!

I want to but I can't put it on. Something always goes wrong so I'm only using the case. Everytime I put it on my bag I fear that I'll find something more than fingerprints on the screen. >.<

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    yes, I have a full invisible shield on it so I don't have to use a cover.

after trying a peel off and a wet apply, I've resolved that this screen was made to be enjoyed bare.

I got the At&T one when I first bought it but took it off after 2 weeks (it was really bad and dust was starting to accumulate on the edges which can damage the screen as the protector moves around).

Now I am sporting a zagg shield after 3 month of nothing! still no scratches so it is good even without screen protector. However, since I hike a lot and ski too, i figured I protect it more :)

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I had the armor suit wet protector on my phone but after a while i hated how the dents and marks looked so I just took it off since I baby my phone so much it would hardly scratch.

Global Posts
    1,037 Global Posts
    I have an ArmorSuit MilitaryShield. It's awesome, imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Just installed skinomi tech shield...so far so good. About as close to the original glass as you can get with wet install. We'll see how it holds up, but so far so good.

I use the full body invisible shield. It works great, I wasn't going to put one on but this is my second 920. My first one was naked for two months and the screen felt so nice, almost soft, but it developed some of the microscratches that people have mentioned. After I exchanged it for freezing issues I put the invisible shield on the new one the moment I got it. I've had an invisible shield on my old focus for about two years and it still looks brand new (the protector and phone).

My L800 scratched up so after I saw how easy it was for it to happen, I put one on the 920. Within the first week I had a visible line in the screen protector and I'm not even sure where that came from. Glad I did because if it was enough to scratch the Zagg up, it probably would have scratched the screen.

Put one on the wife's phone and so thankful I did as she has dropped it once face down onto concrete. Thankfully it survived, probably because of the rubberized protective cover as well as screen cover. Boy was that covered in marks but the screen was perfect when it peeled off. Her replacement screen protector now also has a bunch of scratch marks - my wife is rough on phones!

My phone doesn't have anything protecting it and because of this has a micro scratch on the face. You can only see it with very specific lighting. Otherwise it looks fine other than a scuff on the plastic where I dropped it on the first day. Seems tough to me, but I'm careful.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    No case no screen protector..... There is only one way to dress my 920, keep it Naked
    Windows Phone 8 ---- Nokia Lumia 920 ---- Love At The First Swipe

Not even in my 820
    Current WP: Lumia 930
    Current WT: Microsoft Surface 2 w/ Touch Cover 2

History WP: Samsung Omnia W > Lumia 710 > Lumia 800 > Lumia 620 > Lumia 820 > Samsung ATIV S > Lumia 920 > Lumia 925 > Lumia 1020
    History WT: Asus Vivo TAB Smart > Toshiba Encore 8 > Microsoft Surface RT

Mine is naked, just trying to be a little more careful
    Yellow Lumia 920

I use a screen protector. One of them wet ones but its great. Yes it feels different but at least i wont be getting them little tinny scratches that appear from nowhere.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by RN50 View Post
    I use a screen protector. One of them wet ones but its great. Yes it feels different but at least i wont be getting them little tinny scratches that appear from nowhere.
    won't apear any :P
    Current WP: Lumia 930
    Current WT: Microsoft Surface 2 w/ Touch Cover 2

History WP: Samsung Omnia W > Lumia 710 > Lumia 800 > Lumia 620 > Lumia 820 > Samsung ATIV S > Lumia 920 > Lumia 925 > Lumia 1020
    History WT: Asus Vivo TAB Smart > Toshiba Encore 8 > Microsoft Surface RT

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I don't but I wish I did, scratches galore.

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    No.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast