- 03-24-2013, 06:10 PM #1
Simple question really, how would you improve the Lumia as a handset if you could. I've listed a few things below which u reckon would improve it.
1 - Shave around 3-4mm from the thickness.
2 - Make the phone abit lighter.
3 - Better front facing camera.
4 - Add some sort of notification centre abit like kid corner where you just slide the screen to the right.
5 - Sort out the damn volume / ringer tone so.its not linked.
6 - Maybe add folder for apps as the home screen does get very cluttered if you have many apps pinned.
What do you guys think?
- 03-24-2013, 06:16 PM #2
numbers 4 5 and 6 are a software / apps from Microsoft
But I would agree with the front facing camera.
Don't care about the weight, it feels fine to me
What concerns me most is how hot it gets at certain times, if they can improve that one fault then I would be a happy camper. oh and MORE COLOURS!
03-24-2013, 06:31 PM #4
- 34 Posts
Agree with the points mentioned here, the temperature is my main concern followed by battery life.
The phone gets worryingly warm when playing games or using a lot of data/wifi. I havent had any issues that can be pinpointed to this, but its definitely not a pleasant feeling. I'd love to eke out a bit more battery life from the phone, currently just make it a day with location on, wifi on and a good amount of texts (~50+) and the corresponding screen-on times.
Other than that, I'd like to see the streaking problem with bright sources resolved in the camera, and a bit more options to play with (in the camera)
03-24-2013, 07:44 PM #8
- 561 Posts
Get rid of or allow the disabling of the search button softkey in the bottom right corner. Can't tell you how many times I've hit that damned thing when trying to use the phone one-handed. I don't need quick one-button access to search - make it an on-screen tile. Also make the texture a bit grippier (I have the matte black one) - feels slippery. Obviously work out the hw bugs that affect some people, but not me, thankfully (FFC dust, heat issues, battery, streaky camera, etc) Otherwise I'm happy with the hardware.
03-24-2013, 07:46 PM #10
- 561 Posts
- 03-24-2013, 08:03 PM #12
1) Better front facing camera
2) Ability to turn off back/home/search button illumination- these really disrupt reading or watching videos in dark (not sure if that's a software issue though)
3) Expandable storage
4) Optional aluminum casing
- 03-24-2013, 08:07 PM #13
1. More resolutions on camera. (12 MP for example)
2. Removable battery.
3. Improve the sound quality on the 920.
4. 2 MP front camera should not be that hard.
5. And yes, more colors!! :D
Probably some of you might noted this but then, I really hope Nokia can do these all.
03-24-2013, 09:01 PM #14
- 1,323 Posts
I SOOOO dislike capacitive buttons. My wife has almost thrown our Surface across the room because of it's Windows button. She uses it upside down all the time as the only way to avoid the button. On my WP8 I am always hitting the search as you say.
They could simply wait a little more time for a 'slow response' on the button as a work around. I.e. press the button for half a second. Currently all you have to do is brush your hand over it and bam, Bing it on! Sucks.
- 03-24-2013, 09:13 PM #15Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!
- By joeynox in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 7Last Post: 12-12-2012, 03:52 PM
- By TheBigJMoney in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 11-12-2012, 06:44 PM
- By Bkr11 in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 7Last Post: 10-31-2012, 05:03 PM
- By Simon Tupper in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 50Last Post: 10-07-2012, 09:01 PM
- By 1jaxstate1 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 5Last Post: 10-01-2012, 05:53 PM