Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By cameradork
  • 1 Post By RN50
  • 1 Post By WavingReds

Simple question really, how would you improve the Lumia as a handset if you could. I've listed a few things below which u reckon would improve it.

1 - Shave around 3-4mm from the thickness.
    2 - Make the phone abit lighter.
    3 - Better front facing camera.
    4 - Add some sort of notification centre abit like kid corner where you just slide the screen to the right.
    5 - Sort out the damn volume / ringer tone so.its not linked.
    6 - Maybe add folder for apps as the home screen does get very cluttered if you have many apps pinned.

What do you guys think?

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    numbers 4 5 and 6 are a software / apps from Microsoft

But I would agree with the front facing camera.

Don't care about the weight, it feels fine to me

What concerns me most is how hot it gets at certain times, if they can improve that one fault then I would be a happy camper. oh and MORE COLOURS!

Weights not really a massive issue but whenever i show my lumia around all i get is its a brick. End of the day first impression is alot on phones.

Agree with the points mentioned here, the temperature is my main concern followed by battery life.
    The phone gets worryingly warm when playing games or using a lot of data/wifi. I havent had any issues that can be pinpointed to this, but its definitely not a pleasant feeling. I'd love to eke out a bit more battery life from the phone, currently just make it a day with location on, wifi on and a good amount of texts (~50+) and the corresponding screen-on times.

Other than that, I'd like to see the streaking problem with bright sources resolved in the camera, and a bit more options to play with (in the camera)

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    SD card support
    Removable battery
    Physical lock on on/off button

SD card support
    Removable battery
    Lock screen button which has more resistance to it, like the camera button
    More smooth seal around the screen glass
    Headphone jack on bottom instead of top (maybe)

rotation lock button.

1080p resolution screen like S4

64gb version and mSD card expansion.

Get rid of or allow the disabling of the search button softkey in the bottom right corner. Can't tell you how many times I've hit that damned thing when trying to use the phone one-handed. I don't need quick one-button access to search - make it an on-screen tile. Also make the texture a bit grippier (I have the matte black one) - feels slippery. Obviously work out the hw bugs that affect some people, but not me, thankfully (FFC dust, heat issues, battery, streaky camera, etc) Otherwise I'm happy with the hardware.
    realwarder and WavingReds like this.

I'd like to add that i think the screen size is perfect. Not stupidly big the the S3/4 but not small either.
    cameradork likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JaimitoFrog View Post
    1080p resolution screen like S4
    I doubt you'd notice the difference (720 vs 1080) on a screen this size, and then you'd have to cope with the horrible PenTile tech Samsung uses. When it comes out, bring your phone to a cell store and compare them side-by-side - I'll bet you'll find the 920's screen looks better.

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cameradork View Post
    Get rid of or allow the disabling of the search button softkey in the bottom right corner. Can't tell you how many times I've hit that damned thing when trying to use the phone one-handed. I don't need quick one-button access to search -.
    I totally know what you mean!!!! ARGGGGGGG!!!!!
    cameradork likes this.

Global Posts
    648 Global Posts
    1) Better front facing camera
    2) Ability to turn off back/home/search button illumination- these really disrupt reading or watching videos in dark (not sure if that's a software issue though)
    3) Expandable storage
    4) Optional aluminum casing

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    1. More resolutions on camera. (12 MP for example)
    2. Removable battery.
    3. Improve the sound quality on the 920.
    4. 2 MP front camera should not be that hard.
    5. And yes, more colors!! :D

Probably some of you might noted this but then, I really hope Nokia can do these all.

Quote Originally Posted by cameradork View Post
    Get rid of or allow the disabling of the search button softkey in the bottom right corner. Can't tell you how many times I've hit that damned thing when trying to use the phone one-handed. I don't need quick one-button access to search - make it an on-screen tile. Also make the texture a bit grippier (I have the matte black one) - feels slippery. Obviously work out the hw bugs that affect some people, but not me, thankfully (FFC dust, heat issues, battery, streaky camera, etc) Otherwise I'm happy with the hardware.

I SOOOO dislike capacitive buttons. My wife has almost thrown our Surface across the room because of it's Windows button. She uses it upside down all the time as the only way to avoid the button. On my WP8 I am always hitting the search as you say.

They could simply wait a little more time for a 'slow response' on the button as a work around. I.e. press the button for half a second. Currently all you have to do is brush your hand over it and bam, Bing it on! Sucks.

Global Posts
    2,438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RN50 View Post
    Simple question really, how would you improve the Lumia as a handset if you could. I've listed a few things below which u reckon would improve it.

1 - Shave around 3-4mm from the thickness.
    2 - Make the phone abit lighter.
    3 - Better front facing camera.
    4 - Add some sort of notification centre abit like kid corner where you just slide the screen to the right.
    5 - Sort out the damn volume / ringer tone so.its not linked.
    6 - Maybe add folder for apps as the home screen does get very cluttered if you have many apps pinned.

What do you guys think?
    If you do number 1 it will take care of number two and make it it more likely to be droken when dropped. For me the weight is fine and trhe thickness is fine as well.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!