How would YOU improve the 920? (apart from apps)

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Simple question really, how would you improve the Lumia as a handset if you could. I've listed a few things below which u reckon would improve it.

1 - Shave around 3-4mm from the thickness.
2 - Make the phone abit lighter.
3 - Better front facing camera.
4 - Add some sort of notification centre abit like kid corner where you just slide the screen to the right.
5 - Sort out the damn volume / ringer tone so.its not linked.
6 - Maybe add folder for apps as the home screen does get very cluttered if you have many apps pinned.

What do you guys think?

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
numbers 4 5 and 6 are a software / apps from Microsoft

But I would agree with the front facing camera.

Don't care about the weight, it feels fine to me

What concerns me most is how hot it gets at certain times, if they can improve that one fault then I would be a happy camper. oh and MORE COLOURS!

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Weights not really a massive issue but whenever i show my lumia around all i get is its a brick. End of the day first impression is alot on phones.

pranav rai

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Agree with the points mentioned here, the temperature is my main concern followed by battery life.
The phone gets worryingly warm when playing games or using a lot of data/wifi. I havent had any issues that can be pinpointed to this, but its definitely not a pleasant feeling. I'd love to eke out a bit more battery life from the phone, currently just make it a day with location on, wifi on and a good amount of texts (~50+) and the corresponding screen-on times.

Other than that, I'd like to see the streaking problem with bright sources resolved in the camera, and a bit more options to play with (in the camera)

xH4RRYx

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
SD card support
Removable battery
Lock screen button which has more resistance to it, like the camera button
More smooth seal around the screen glass
Headphone jack on bottom instead of top (maybe)

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Get rid of or allow the disabling of the search button softkey in the bottom right corner. Can't tell you how many times I've hit that damned thing when trying to use the phone one-handed. I don't need quick one-button access to search - make it an on-screen tile. Also make the texture a bit grippier (I have the matte black one) - feels slippery. Obviously work out the hw bugs that affect some people, but not me, thankfully (FFC dust, heat issues, battery, streaky camera, etc) Otherwise I'm happy with the hardware.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1080p resolution screen like S4

I doubt you'd notice the difference (720 vs 1080) on a screen this size, and then you'd have to cope with the horrible PenTile tech Samsung uses. When it comes out, bring your phone to a cell store and compare them side-by-side - I'll bet you'll find the 920's screen looks better.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Get rid of or allow the disabling of the search button softkey in the bottom right corner. Can't tell you how many times I've hit that damned thing when trying to use the phone one-handed. I don't need quick one-button access to search -.

I totally know what you mean!!!! ARGGGGGGG!!!!!

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
1) Better front facing camera
2) Ability to turn off back/home/search button illumination- these really disrupt reading or watching videos in dark (not sure if that's a software issue though)
3) Expandable storage
4) Optional aluminum casing

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
1. More resolutions on camera. (12 MP for example)
2. Removable battery.
3. Improve the sound quality on the 920.
4. 2 MP front camera should not be that hard.
5. And yes, more colors!! :D

Probably some of you might noted this but then, I really hope Nokia can do these all.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Get rid of or allow the disabling of the search button softkey in the bottom right corner. Can't tell you how many times I've hit that damned thing when trying to use the phone one-handed. I don't need quick one-button access to search - make it an on-screen tile. Also make the texture a bit grippier (I have the matte black one) - feels slippery. Obviously work out the hw bugs that affect some people, but not me, thankfully (FFC dust, heat issues, battery, streaky camera, etc) Otherwise I'm happy with the hardware.

I SOOOO dislike capacitive buttons. My wife has almost thrown our Surface across the room because of it's Windows button. She uses it upside down all the time as the only way to avoid the button. On my WP8 I am always hitting the search as you say.

They could simply wait a little more time for a 'slow response' on the button as a work around. I.e. press the button for half a second. Currently all you have to do is brush your hand over it and bam, Bing it on! Sucks.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Simple question really, how would you improve the Lumia as a handset if you could. I've listed a few things below which u reckon would improve it.

1 - Shave around 3-4mm from the thickness.
2 - Make the phone abit lighter.
3 - Better front facing camera.
4 - Add some sort of notification centre abit like kid corner where you just slide the screen to the right.
5 - Sort out the damn volume / ringer tone so.its not linked.
6 - Maybe add folder for apps as the home screen does get very cluttered if you have many apps pinned.

What do you guys think?

If you do number 1 it will take care of number two and make it it more likely to be droken when dropped. For me the weight is fine and trhe thickness is fine as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes