No "Storage Checker" after "1308" Update via "Nokia Software Updater for Retail" Please Help

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
No "Storage Checker" after "1308" Update via "Nokia Software Updater for Retail" Please Help

I have no idea when 1308 firmware is going to be available OTA in Thailand. So I decided to update my Lumia 290 using Nokia Software Updater for Retail version 2.0.6

The update went well and now my NL 920 have

OS version: 8.0.10211.204
Firmware revision number: 1232.5957.1308.0002
Hardware revision number 1.0.0.0
Radio software version: 1.0.202093.3
Chip SOC version 8906

After the update, the "Storage Checker" is nowhere to be found in Setting

What's went wrong? Anyone got the same problem? Any idea?

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: No "Storage Checker" after "1308" Update via "Nokia Software Updater for Retail" Please Help

Ok. I think I have the answer now and would like to share.

Along with 1308 firmware update for the phone to have "Storage Check" (not Checker) in the Settings, access point, feedback to nokia, network+, extra+info etc need to be updated too.
These updates had been rolled out some weeks before the 1308 released but also not available in Thailand.

After the 1308 updated in my case, other Nokia updates has not been installed and there is no way I can install it manually. This morning there are 10 updates for me to be installed all of which are Nokia related. I think after 1308 update using Nokia Software Updater for Retail, I will have to wait another 24 hours for other updates to show up.

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: No "Storage Checker" after "1308" Update via "Nokia Software Updater for Retail" Please Help

Ok. I think I have the answer now and would like to share.

Along with 1308 firmware update for the phone to have "Storage Check" (not Checker) in the Settings, access point, feedback to nokia, network+, extra+info etc need to be updated too.
These updates had been rolled out some weeks before the 1308 released but also not available in Thailand.

After the 1308 updated in my case, other Nokia updates has not been installed and there is no way I can install it manually. This morning there are 10 updates for me to be installed all of which are Nokia related. I think after 1308 update using Nokia Software Updater for Retail, I will have to wait another 24 hours for other updates to show up.

Yes, for users who have not upgraded the firmware for OTA, the updates of these applications begin to appear even after 24 hours.

From a 920 user from Brazil, but my device was made in China. Cheers!
:cool:

Last edited:

epearson2

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

My 920 is fully updated (nokia apps, etc) and so i installed the OTA update for 1308. However, my settings menu does NOT show "Storage Check" ANYWHERE. I have had 1308 on my Lumia 920 for over 24 hours now and no other updates have appeared. What now?

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

My 920 is fully updated (nokia apps, etc) and so i installed the OTA update for 1308. However, my settings menu does NOT show "Storage Check" ANYWHERE. I have had 1308 on my Lumia 920 for over 24 hours now and no other updates have appeared. What now?

Go here: Nokia updates Extras + Info, removes charging chime but adds things too | Windows Phone Central

Update it and then you should have it. Just found out it worked for me.

epearson2

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

Go here: Nokia updates Extras + Info, removes charging chime but adds things too | Windows Phone Central

Update it and then you should have it. Just found out it worked for me.

When I scanned the QR code and it took me to the page for it, it did not give me the option to update. It only says "share" at the bottom. I checked the version that the QR code took me to and it was 1.8.1.140. I then backed out, went to settings, and checked what is installed, and sure enough I have 1.8.1.140 installed already. My charging chime still works, but no Storage check.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte