Any Rogers Lumia 920 users got 1308 update?

EarlyAdapt

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My unlocked Rogers 920 got it's 1308 update today. No ill effects that I can tell yet (LTE and 4G still working well), and one very positive side effect. Anyone running an unlocked 920 and using it on T-Mobile in the US, may previously have lost their ability for Internet Sharing (Hot Spot) after using the Nokia Network+ and Access Point programs to properly load APN and Network settings so that MMS will work. After installing the new firmware 1308 update today, some kind of cache must have been cleared, because now Internet Sharing is working again and I'm not getting the message from T-Mobile to add it to my plan. Nice!

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
My unlocked Rogers 920 got it's 1308 update today. No ill effects that I can tell yet (LTE and 4G still working well), and one very positive side effect. Anyone running an unlocked 920 and using it on T-Mobile in the US, may previously have lost their ability for Internet Sharing (Hot Spot) after using the Nokia Network+ and Access Point programs to properly load APN and Network settings so that MMS will work. After installing the new firmware 1308 update today, some kind of cache must have been cleared, because now Internet Sharing is working again and I'm not getting the message from T-Mobile to add it to my plan. Nice!

does Tmo usually require a different plan for internet sharing?

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
so I just updated, so far no issues. Storage Check looks very nice, vibration rattle is down and I started noticing a static IP feature in the wifi settings, not sure if that was there before

Yev91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So far I think I see battery improvement as well, 2 hours since charged and still at 100%. Usually it would be at like 95 by now.

Also rogers improved their signal in my area, so I am basically getting full LTE, which is a nice combo with the update!

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the latest 1308 from Rogers equivalent to the latest ATT 1314? Meaning, the Rogers 1308 OTA should be without connectivity issues?
Only thing holding me back, until I have enough confirmation this is not an issue.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the latest 1308 from Rogers equivalent to the latest ATT 1314? Meaning, the Rogers 1308 OTA should be without connectivity issues?
Only thing holding me back, until I have enough confirmation this is not an issue.

That is correct

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else on Rogers having problems sending or receiving mms today? My girl who also has a 920 couldn't open a pic I sent her. Shortly after I sent it I lost cell connection...came back after I toggled airplane mode on and off.
Network thing of 1308 thing?
We've sent mms before with no problems....

EarlyAdapt

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
They normally want you to have it part of your plan, or add it to your plan at an extra cost. Using Nokia's Access Point to set APN settings for your TMO SIM, will disable Internet Sharing. Updating the firmware resets it, and I guess prevents the network from knowing that your using it, which allows you to use it without paying extra. If you're paying for 5 GB, and only using 2, I'm ok with that.

bsin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Updated this morning. Connection is definitely worse than before. Keep flipping between Edge, no signal and LTE where I would usually get 2 bars LTE.

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Friend couldn't sent a txt and mms message after update. Reboot to fix. Rogers L920 on Rogers network. Reporting slower and inconsistent connection. I will be passing on this update until they can actually get it right.

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
See no real difference with 1308 on mobilicity. signal strength about the same... data still drops like before (probably more of a carrier thing) once in a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3