Any Rogers Lumia 920 users got 1308 update?

nMIK-3

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I just had my first freeze yesterday, two days after updating to 1308 which means the freezing/restart issue has not been addressed yet, 7 whole months after Lumia 920 was released and after TWO major updates.
Also the Store update notification bug, is also not fixed. The Store does not check for updates, it simply doesn't.
Third and less important, the Bing image lockscreen bug which displays "yesterday's" Bing Image on my lockscreen has not been fixed as well.

Very disappointed especially with the first two issues. At this point I have raised the "Yellow Card" for this device, no matter how much I like both Windows Phone and the 920's hardware. Next card is Red and immediately move to another device, it all depends on my mod, (and what Google will bring on table with the Android 5 and next Nexus) but I am loosing patient badly with all this unacceptable "child diseases".

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Been testing the 1308 update for the last 2-3 days (on Rogers, in Toronto). So far I have to agree on the connectivity issues as I'm now noticing signal drops very frequently and randomly. Signal goes all the way to down no signal and sms are failing to send. On the plus side, the vibration function has clearly been toned down. I noticed it on the haptic feedback and all other vibration. Good news is it's reduced the rattle a bit during vibration. The storage settings are great as we can all agree. But what's crazy is that it reported to me I had 8gb of temp files I could clear. And I of course I did. But 8gb seems excessive! So if it weren't for this update my phone would be consuming 8gb on junk files??? Wow.

Anyway, really hoping we get the connectivity fix like AT&T users did and soon.

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I just had my first freeze yesterday, two days after updating to 1308 which means the freezing/restart issue has not been addressed yet, 7 whole months after Lumia 920 was released and after TWO major updates.
Also the Store update notification bug, is also not fixed. The Store does not check for updates, it simply doesn't.
Third and less important, the Bing image lockscreen bug which displays "yesterday's" Bing Image on my lockscreen has not been fixed as well.

Very disappointed especially with the first two issues. At this point I have raised the "Yellow Card" for this device, no matter how much I like both Windows Phone and the 920's hardware. Next card is Red and immediately move to another device, it all depends on my mod, (and what Google will bring on table with the Android 5 and next Nexus) but I am loosing patient badly with all this unacceptable "child diseases".

Hmm, I feel for you, especially since I have not experienced any of the issues you are having. In fact, I have experienced:

- No freezes or restarts
- My store has reported new updates 3 days in a row
- Bing wallpaper has updated everyday (though admittedly I didn't check if it was today's or yesterday's image)

I have noticed lower signal bars at home, but communication has still worked equally as well as pre-1308.

My camera seems (subjective) to take sharper photos as well.

I did have to re-activate my access point settings to get MMS working properly again, but other than that, nothing to complain about.

One thing that I have definitely noticed an improvement in is the proximity sensor. Now, each time I move the phone away from my face, the screen turns on like it should.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Also noticing that since updating I no longer receive toast notifications from the Xbox game Alphajax (indicating when it's my turn to play). Very odd.

I too had to re-enable Rogers LTE in the access point settings.

Last edited:

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I had to re-enable Rogers LTE in the access point settings as well, didn't do any good. I used to have LTE, I now only have either E or 3G

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Updated this morning .. everything is OK .. hope I haven't jinxed myself by saying that everything is ok. I am using a Rogers Pentaband phone on T-Mobile in Florida.

alfonz

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Seems smoother to me, and sensors are better as they said it would be. Can't comment on the connectivity issue. My phone started dropping signals sporadically a week or two before this update. Been on this update for couple days now and I haven't noticed it drop signal ( its opposite of what ppls are saying, seems like this update fixed my issues.)

But signal isn't always phones fault, it could very well be the carrier and they may have issues with towers etc etc.

Rogers L920, GTA/Toronto

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I feel for you, especially since I have not experienced any of the issues you are having. In fact, I have experienced:

- No freezes or restarts
- My store has reported new updates 3 days in a row
- Bing wallpaper has updated everyday (though admittedly I didn't check if it was today's or yesterday's image)

I have noticed lower signal bars at home, but communication has still worked equally as well as pre-1308.

My camera seems (subjective) to take sharper photos as well.

I did have to re-activate my access point settings to get MMS working properly again, but other than that, nothing to complain about.

One thing that I have definitely noticed an improvement in is the proximity sensor. Now, each time I move the phone away from my face, the screen turns on like it should.

I'm on Bell and I can attest to find the same results as you...also, the screen dimming issue is now addressed and the capacitive buttons are much quieter now...
No connectivity issues, updates for apps come...
Haven't seen a change in pictures...still find they are softer than they should be

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I for one believe the connectivity issues are obvious in my case. I live downtown, Toronto pretty much as downtown as you can be. I rarely drop to 4G or below unless I'm in an elevator or underground. And this morning I witnessed several cases where my phone went to absolutely no signal for about 20 seconds. My sms even failed to send on my walk to work and as I looked down in confusion at my phone with again no signal. It even drops to Edge now in my office which never happened before. I ran a few bandwith tests on the speedtest app to compare my current connection to previous results and I'm clearly hitting lower Mbps than I was before the update.

Last edited:

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I too did a speed test and my mbps is definitely lower than before the update....
I wonder if I should call Rogers about the mms issue. Not exactly sure how to play with mms settings manually.....if anybody knows what the Rogers mms settings are and want to save me from having to make a call I won't hate ya for it!

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I too did a speed test and my mbps is definitely lower than before the update....
I wonder if I should call Rogers about the mms issue. Not exactly sure how to play with mms settings manually.....if anybody knows what the Rogers mms settings are and want to save me from having to make a call I won't hate ya for it!
if using a Rogers Lumia on the Rogers network, you don't need to adjust anything. Sounds like the update did something screwy to the settings. Have you tried a soft reset? Usually fixes this.

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I for one believe the connectivity issues are obvious in my case. I live downtown, Toronto pretty much as downtown as you can be. I rarely drop to 4G or below unless I'm in an elevator or underground. And this morning I witnessed several cases where my phone went to absolutely no signal for about 20 seconds. My sms even failed to send on my walk to work and as I looked down in confusion at my phone with again no signal. It even drops to Edge now in my office which never happened before. I ran a few bandwith tests on the speedtest app to compare my current connection to previous results and I'm clearly hitting lower Mbps than I was before the update.

this is why I'm still tentative on updating. I can appreciate if one has other issues they want addressed, buy I'm hearing too many negative to comfortably update

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
No connectivity problems for me so far. In fact, I think it's improved for me...my Koodo LTE connection would intermittently disconnect for no reason, requiring frequent Access Point toggles. So far I haven't seen that issue after the update.

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

no such issues here as well. I have bing desktop on my pc so I know the bing lockscreen is updated correctly each day. you do need a continuous data connection though since it updates the lockscreen mainly soon after midnight and is sporadic if it misses it.

not sure if it'll help, but I had freezes and reboots only when I had Skype installed. I had maybe 4-5 cases of it in the first week? once uninstalled, I haven't experienced it since, not even one random reboot or freeze. that was the preview version of Skype (I haven't tried the final release now).

lastly maybe you have a lemon? nokia has awesome support :eek:rly:

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
if using a Rogers Lumia on the Rogers network, you don't need to adjust anything. Sounds like the update did something screwy to the settings. Have you tried a soft reset? Usually fixes this.

I'm using a Rogers L920 on a Rogers network, after the update LTE was disabled without me doing anything, I bet there is something wrong with the MMS settings as well.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
So just got off the phone with Rogers tech support, because I was getting no network for long periods of time and it wouldn't refresh. They said there is a known issue with L920 and with that firmware update, but couldn't tell me anything else aside from that (not sure why they would release it if there was a known issue). Anyhow, I suggest all those who are having issues with 1308 on Rogers to call tech support and file complaints, hopefully with more people bringing this up they'll start taking it more seriously. They've also reset my network on their end, and so far (could be wishful thinking) it looks like it has improved (seeing LTE where I was seeing it before 1308 update instead of E, 3G one bar and no network) I just hope it stays that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3