Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    "According to Marco the issue is clearly a design flaw which Nokia is fixing in all future production by introducing a sheath placed around the front facing camera and proximity sensor to better insulate them from dust build-up.

The good news is that existing devices with this issue will also be able to take advantage of this solution by taking their device to a Nokia repair service."

Source: Nokia Lumia 920 front facing camera and proximity sensor dust fix on the way? | WMPoweruser
    This is excellent news! I wonder why WPCentral is always late in covering such news!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

I just sent in my 920 for a cracked screen (don't ask... ) and I had dust in my FCC again after Nokia Centre cleaned it up.

They said the same thing - they have a fix for it now. :)

I've had my phone for a week and there's already some dust in the FFC. I tried to compress air it and got 1 of the specs off but not the other. Annoying. How long do I have to be without a phone if I take it to a Nokia repair center? Where are these magical centers?

Well this is good news. I've never used the front camera on my lumia 920(had it since release) and just tried to now. The image was very fuzzy. Checked the FCC and there's definitely a lot of visible dust inside.
    Ryan Rea likes this.

What's the turn around time you guys are seeing when sending your phone in?

Global Posts
    3,964 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    This is great news. I'll be contacting Nokia next week as this is the only minor issue my 920 has picked up since I've had it. I'll post back in here if/when I get any news regarding this.

I have dust and nokia asked me to send it back. I am trying to figure out what I am going to do without a phone for two weeks though! I need my phone every day for work so it is not that easy for me to be without it. Anybody have any suggestions? Would ATT give a loaner?

I don't have a back up phone so, this ain't gonna work for me.

Does that mean Canadian users are doomed because we don't have Nokia Service Centre here?

mine had dust on ffc, too. where do i send it and how do i contact them?

We have a Canadian one in Ontario. You can give it to Rogers to send for you or do it yourself I guess

Calling Nokia first thing Tuesday, hope they offer this fix in Sweden. My ffc is useless right now.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Thanks! Even though there's been a lot less dust buildup ever since I used the official CC-1043 case, I wouldn't mind having this issue fixed.

Only problem is, I unlocked my phone. Is there a chance that I'd get a locked phone in return?

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    from what I've been hearing here on the forums seems like nokia is actually servicing the phones instead of replacing them(like apple does), this is actually a good thing because you don't get a refurbished phone. Im not sure how that's going to be done as I've always seen att replace the phones as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tkuhe View Post
    I have dust and nokia asked me to send it back. I am trying to figure out what I am going to do without a phone for two weeks though! I need my phone every day for work so it is not that easy for me to be without it. Anybody have any suggestions? Would ATT give a loaner?
    Yes AT&T does replace and also give a loaner ahead of time if you do with them . If you go to Nokia they don't. i tried with Nokia and went to AT&T and it works better for me.
    Thanked by:
    tkuhe 

Quote Originally Posted by rocketboy View Post
    I've had my phone for a week and there's already some dust in the FFC. I tried to compress air it and got 1 of the specs off but not the other. Annoying. How long do I have to be without a phone if I take it to a Nokia repair center? Where are these magical centers?
    I have seen the carrier's client service centers do the work in behalf Nokia and you can check Nokia's web page too.

Global Posts
    3,964 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Well I spoke to Nokia online and they put me in touch with the nearest Nokia Care centre. They are telling me they need to see the phone but dust under the front facing camera could mean a screen replacement or sending the phone away. I'm planning on going in very soon and seeing what they can do for me. Anyone else getting any progress at all?

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Anyone in Canada get their phone repaired yet?

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    so where is this repair center?

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Just google nokia direct and it should take you to your local site
    from there you can start a live chat with a rep if you have any Qs or just sign up and open up your case

I am currently with Rogers and will be sending out my 920 to the Nokia service center in Ontario. I do have a lot of dust in the FFC and a few other major problems. Rogers could not provide a solid fix after sending it out to them TWICE...so I will be trying the manufacturer directly. Do any of you know if unlocking the 920 voids the warranty?

These are the instructions(For Canada): http://download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/s...rm_6-28-12.pdf
    Thanked by:
    david90531 likes this.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    you can always flash back to the rogers rom before sending it out

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I love my 8x, but as soon as the new 920s roll off the line, I'm back!
    Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by Seerko View Post
    I am currently with Rogers and will be sending out my 920 to the Nokia service center in Ontario. I do have a lot of dust in the FFC and a few other major problems. Rogers could not provide a solid fix after sending it out to them TWICE...so I will be trying the manufacturer directly. Do any of you know if unlocking the 920 voids the warranty?

These are the instructions(For Canada): http://download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/s...rm_6-28-12.pdf
    So if Rogers going to charge you for any of this? I'm getting quite a bit of dust in FFC too and planning to do the same
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast