- 04-01-2013, 04:02 AM #1
I have been using red Nokia Lumia 920 since it release date and I am so please with it. Couple days ago, one of my friend told me he want to upgrade his aging BlackBerry something to Nokia Lumia 920 and asked me for my opinion. He also told me that he want the 920 because he saw me using one and it look great.
Now I hesitate to recommend 920 to him solely because of battery life compared to old BB. I told him that any smart phone today will terrify him when it come to battery life. And the 920 battery can not be changed.
Apart from battery life and lack of instagram what else should I tell him?
- 04-01-2013, 05:51 AM #2
Lumia 920 has amazing camera
Unique and beautiful design
Nokia awesome exclusive apps
Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
There is a good number of quality apps in the Store
Just to name a few things XD
04-01-2013, 07:43 AM #3
- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I think you could use these:
- Amazing camera, with OIS and PureView
- HERE Maps, Drive, and Transit - with free offline navigation
- Nokia Music that offers free streaming of over 17m songs
- A great suite of Nokia exclusive apps, esp. for camera and maps/navigation (Cinemagraph, Smartshoot, SophieLens, PhotoBeamer, etc.)
- Most of the "big name" apps are available on the platform; more are on their way
- Super sensitive screen
- HD+ display
- Xbox Live games, that increase your GamerScore/achievements on Xbox Live (also tell him about Skulls of the Shogun: play cross-platform multiplayer, or save on cloud, and continue on console, tablet, desktop, or the Lumia)
- Unique "fresh" design (also talk about Live Tiles)
- Microsoft Office suite/SkyDrive
- Speech recognition and Wallet
- Calendar, Contacts, Social network synchronization/integration
- Not-so-good battery life, though pretty manageable
- well, no instagram (yet!)
That's what I can think of for now...
- 04-01-2013, 09:00 AM #5
Yes , the best phone I have ever owned by a long way. You will not be disappointed, and you get the added benefit that the platform is developing (whilst already better than iOS). I think Microsoft will succeed in their aim to create a unified experience between phone, PC and tablet.
- 04-01-2013, 09:04 AM #6
There is an option for a Lumia 920 (and any smart phone) - plug in a battery pack via the mini USB. They are pretty small these days (not that different to carrying an extra battery) and can charge the phone twice...(some even more I think)
- 04-01-2013, 03:16 PM #8
If the battery last a full day then I could care less if it lasts 20 hours or 150 hours...as long as I can make it until bes time then it goes on the charger and it'll be ready for another full day. I have never understood people that are upset because their phone only lasts a day and a half. Who cares...charge it at night and be happy!
Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
- 04-02-2013, 02:37 AM #13
In my experience, the photos although nice are soft and fuzzy. Microsoft moves like a glacier and may not move to your friends standards.
Ask your friend what their needs are and see if the 920 fits them. Asking a forum of fan people is just asking for an overwhelming yes.
- 04-02-2013, 02:52 AM #14
You shouldn't be worried about it.. he is moving from BB to NL 920.. he should be very happy.. again, Nokia and MS are going to keep updating... so it can only get better.
For battery, get one of these. NOKIA DC-16 UNIVERSAL PORTABLE USB CHARGER.
- 04-02-2013, 05:11 AM #18
Also, with the cases available you can change colour when you want... that is why I went for black actually (it looks better in my view when using a case because there is no 'colour clash')
- 04-02-2013, 05:15 AM #19
Also it sorta depends on one's "image" I guess. Not everyone wants to have a bright yellow/red phone in their work environment. The black 920 however looks as professional as a black phone barely can look :P
More on topic, I would definitely recommend my 920, but I would attempt to realistically bring out the flaws. Like, if someone only wants a phone to play games on, then I would probably recommend an iPhone instead :P But personally I would buy my 920 all over again.
- 04-02-2013, 08:15 AM #20
- 04-02-2013, 09:01 PM #21
I"ve had my cyan 920 for about a week now, easily the one of the greatest tech products I've ever purchased. My brothers and I are in a friendly arms race when it comes to smarthphones, when I displayed my 920 to them their jaws dropped and they raised the white flag.
- 04-03-2013, 12:05 PM #23
If your friend is coming from a pre-BB10 phone, it's not too hard to recommend the Lumia 920 (or any Windows Phone 8 device for that matter). It really depends on how much your friend wants certain Blackberry-specific features, such as BBM.
- By Par_T in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 03-18-2013, 09:52 PM
- By cristianorueda in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 01-25-2013, 06:09 AM
- By Drakal in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 9Last Post: 11-02-2012, 11:26 AM
- By bigkevbosky in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 13Last Post: 08-01-2012, 04:00 PM