I want to buy Lumia 920. Would you recommend it?

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have been using red Nokia Lumia 920 since it release date and I am so please with it. Couple days ago, one of my friend told me he want to upgrade his aging BlackBerry something to Nokia Lumia 920 and asked me for my opinion. He also told me that he want the 920 because he saw me using one and it look great.

Now I hesitate to recommend 920 to him solely because of battery life compared to old BB. I told him that any smart phone today will terrify him when it come to battery life. And the 920 battery can not be changed.

Apart from battery life and lack of instagram what else should I tell him?

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920 has amazing camera
Unique and beautiful design
Metro UI
Live Tiles
People Hub+Me
Xbox, Skydrive
Nokia awesome exclusive apps
Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
There is a good number of quality apps in the Store

Just to name a few things XD

Zulqarnain Mehdi

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I think you could use these:

- Amazing camera, with OIS and PureView
- HERE Maps, Drive, and Transit - with free offline navigation
- Nokia Music that offers free streaming of over 17m songs
- A great suite of Nokia exclusive apps, esp. for camera and maps/navigation (Cinemagraph, Smartshoot, SophieLens, PhotoBeamer, etc.)
- Most of the "big name" apps are available on the platform; more are on their way
- Super sensitive screen
- HD+ display
- Xbox Live games, that increase your GamerScore/achievements on Xbox Live (also tell him about Skulls of the Shogun: play cross-platform multiplayer, or save on cloud, and continue on console, tablet, desktop, or the Lumia)
- Unique "fresh" design (also talk about Live Tiles)
- Simplicity
- Microsoft Office suite/SkyDrive
- Speech recognition and Wallet
- Calendar, Contacts, Social network synchronization/integration

Negatives:
- Not-so-good battery life, though pretty manageable
- Bulky
- well, no instagram (yet!)

That's what I can think of for now...

jrlive

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes , the best phone I have ever owned by a long way. You will not be disappointed, and you get the added benefit that the platform is developing (whilst already better than iOS). I think Microsoft will succeed in their aim to create a unified experience between phone, PC and tablet.

jrlive

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I have been using red Nokia Lumia 920 since it release date and I am so please with it. Couple days ago, one of my friend told me he want to upgrade his aging BlackBerry something to Nokia Lumia 920 and asked me for my opinion. He also told me that he want the 920 because he saw me using one and it look great.

Now I hesitate to recommend 920 to him solely because of battery life compared to old BB. I told him that any smart phone today will terrify him when it come to battery life. And the 920 battery can not be changed.

Apart from battery life and lack of instagram what else should I tell him?

The battery life on modern smart phones is only a problem when you are away from a charging point for 24 hrs plus - which can of course happen...
There is an option for a Lumia 920 (and any smart phone) - plug in a battery pack via the mini USB. They are pretty small these days (not that different to carrying an extra battery) and can charge the phone twice...(some even more I think)

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
If the battery last a full day then I could care less if it lasts 20 hours or 150 hours...as long as I can make it until bes time then it goes on the charger and it'll be ready for another full day. I have never understood people that are upset because their phone only lasts a day and a half. Who cares...charge it at night and be happy!

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
If the battery last a full day then I could care less if it lasts 20 hours or 150 hours...as long as I can make it until bes time then it goes on the charger and it'll be ready for another full day. I have never understood people that are upset because their phone only lasts a day and a half. Who cares...charge it at night and be happy!

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately, my 920 never last more than 8 hours without recharging. And I don't blame NL920, it how I use it.

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The battery life on modern smart phones is only a problem when you are away from a charging point for 24 hrs plus - which can of course happen...
There is an option for a Lumia 920 (and any smart phone) - plug in a battery pack via the mini USB. They are pretty small these days (not that different to carrying an extra battery) and can charge the phone twice...(some even more I think)

Battery pack seem to be great idea, how can I miss this. Thanks

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
In my experience, the photos although nice are soft and fuzzy. Microsoft moves like a glacier and may not move to your friends standards.

Ask your friend what their needs are and see if the 920 fits them. Asking a forum of fan people is just asking for an overwhelming yes.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
You shouldn't be worried about it.. he is moving from BB to NL 920.. he should be very happy.. again, Nokia and MS are going to keep updating... so it can only get better.

For battery, get one of these. NOKIA DC-16 UNIVERSAL PORTABLE USB CHARGER.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
well i have a black lumia 620 and i think it looks great...so i suppose 920 should look awesome aswell XD
you can always buy a colorful case too xD

jrlive

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys think the Lumia 920 Black is ugly? it's the only one available here. :(

Nope, it looks great and I regularly get comments from others on how good it looks (and of course always take the opportunity to convert an iOS user!)
Also, with the cases available you can change colour when you want... that is why I went for black actually (it looks better in my view when using a case because there is no 'colour clash')

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
well i have a black lumia 620 and i think it looks great...so i suppose 920 should look awesome aswell XD
you can always buy a colorful case too xD

No, it looks frigging amazing as far as black phones go. Most black phones do not really look or feel that good and feel generic, but the 920 is quite diffrent. I would've loved a colorful L920, but I didn't want the glossy finish due to how it felt in hand and what a print magnet it was. The colors look great, but the finish just doesn't compared to the black.

Also it sorta depends on one's "image" I guess. Not everyone wants to have a bright yellow/red phone in their work environment. The black 920 however looks as professional as a black phone barely can look :p

More on topic, I would definitely recommend my 920, but I would attempt to realistically bring out the flaws. Like, if someone only wants a phone to play games on, then I would probably recommend an iPhone instead :p But personally I would buy my 920 all over again.

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been using red Nokia Lumia 920 since it release date and I am so please with it. Couple days ago, one of my friend told me he want to upgrade his aging BlackBerry something to Nokia Lumia 920 and asked me for my opinion. He also told me that he want the 920 because he saw me using one and it look great.Now I hesitate to recommend 920 to him solely because of battery life compared to old BB. I told him that any smart phone today will terrify him when it come to battery life. And the 920 battery can not be changed. Apart from battery life and lack of instagram what else should I tell him?
My battery life is awesome. Easily lasts all day even with GPS on. Could probably last longer.But the phone is awesome. Camera, internet browser best in class, the overall speed. Phone quality is good. Texting and keyboard rocks. What's not to love?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786