New Update for NL920 UK Unlocked - 2/4/2013

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
1308 Firmware Update on UK Unlocked 920?

Hi,

I have a UK Unlocked (i.e. never locked, unbranded) 920. I'm now on my third device thanks to Nokia's hopeless repair centre, and I still haven't been able to download the 1308 firmware update, and my question is should I be able to or have Nokia screwed something up on my phone?

Has anyone else with a UK unlocked device received an update as I know for some absurd and meaningless reason we get them after everyone else except Build devices.....

Also, if so has the update finally activated 4G or is that still a bit of a dream for UK Unlocked owners?

Carrier: CV GB
OS version: 8.0.10211.204
Firmware revision number: 1232.5951.1249.1004
Hardware revision number: 1.0.0.0
Radio software version: 1.0.202075.3
Chip SOC version: 8960

Manufacturer model name: RM-821_eu_euro1_276
Mobile operator name: 000-GB
Configuration ID: 118847

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a replacement UK Unlocked device issued by Nokia Care (in return for a faulty replacement for a faulty Clove 2nd batch white device), no update as of now :(

I'm just glad I'm not the only one, there's hope yet!

finiterex

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: 1308 Firmware Update on UK Unlocked 920?

Hi bud, i have an unlocked, unbranded UK 920 too. As far as I know UK handsets have no LTE support. I gave up waiting for OTA update and did manual. There's a great guide of how to do this ln the forum. No idea why Nokia makes us unlocked owners wait!

Jonj1611

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

Hmm my 920 is a UK one I bought from T-Mobile and had unlocked and that says LTE on the box???

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

It's definitely 4G/LTE ready, it's just that for some absurd reason they don't ship with an 4G/LTE firmware - apparently at some point in the future an update will enable it....

csd_images

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Black 920, O2 carrier updated to 1308 last night. One thing I have noticed WiFi now connects a lot faster to hidden networks. So carriers are now getting the updates, also a friend with an unlocked 920 from Clove (?) second wave was updated this morning.

robnewton

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Is getting a bit ridiculous. How long does it take to deliver a relatively minor update to what is probably just a few thousand handsets sold in the UK.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It will be more than a few thousand lol, but I heard that with Windows Phone MS roll out their updates over a number of days... I heard it was up to 21 days with more and more handsets being given access to an update day after day to make sure the servers don't get overloaded with lots of requests for an update at once. I don't know if this has changed with WP8 at all but that might explain why some haven't had the update yet.

robnewton

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It will be more than a few thousand lol, but I heard that with Windows Phone MS roll out their updates over a number of days... I heard it was up to 21 days with more and more handsets being given access to an update day after day to make sure the servers don't get overloaded with lots of requests for an update at once. I don't know if this has changed with WP8 at all but that might explain why some haven't had the update yet.

U think its sold millions!? Its not a Microsoft update, doesn't firmware come straight from the manufacturer?

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

Plus if there are issues with the AT&T version they might have pushed the Pause button for a few days.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a question. So I've finally updated to the new firmware. However, I still cannot clear my 'other' storage. It enables me to clear my temp files but not the other storage. As of right now, it still stands at 5+Gb but my temp files size is 300+MB.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Phone storage says my other storage is 5.39GB. Storage check says 1.6GB.

Apps on phone storage says 3.32GB. Storage check says 4.1GB.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
My connectivity is so screwed that I get texts and voicemail notifications about 9-10 hours delayed! Data is non-existent even with 5 bars and 3G+ next to it!

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
My WiFi connection is supposed to be always ON since I set it this way on the advanced settings for wifi but keep getting disconnected since the update.

Not happy.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
That makes me feel better for not having the update. :winktongue:

I am desperately looking to find an old firmware from Navifirm or just find a time machine in my attic so that I can undo this update. I hope whatever the fix it is, doesn't just go to AT&T users. It's something to do with 4G/LTE networks. Those who aren't on LTE/4G providers probably won't notice these issues.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I am desperately looking to find an old firmware from Navifirm or just find a time machine in my attic so that I can undo this update. I hope whatever the fix it is, doesn't just go to AT&T users. It's something to do with 4G/LTE networks. Those who aren't on LTE/4G providers probably won't notice these issues.

I have a time machine let go

BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6