Weather live tiles not updating on L920

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Here is the thing, I have two weather apps, Amazing Weather HD and Weather Flow. Both Paid. (if that matters) Anyway, Weather Flow was my goto weather app. It worked when AW did not work on my L900. So after getting caught up in the hype of AWHD on WPCentral, again, I bought that one for my L920. Hoping it would now work. Well, it didn't. I contacted the developer 6 times and no response from them. So I'll never buy nor recommend them again but that's not the point. The point is, my Weather Flow quit updating. Not sure why but I'm trying to run down the cause. Rogue apps? Too many live apps on the screen? Have you had this situation with your live apps?

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Never tried AWHD but I have Weather Flow PAID version and it never updated on my L920.
I have it setup to update every hour and it is the only app that has permission to stay in the background and my WiFi is also set to stay always on. I contacted the developer but that didn't change anything. Sometimes the app updates itself once every 3 - 4 hours sometimes it takes 6 hours and sometimes I have to manually update it.

One thing is for sure, it never updates every hour as I set it up for....

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Try turning off all background tasks, and check to turn back on next time app runs. Restart phone, and run each app again one at a time. I think windows phone has an issue with live tiles sometimes.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Try turning off all background tasks, and check to turn back on next time app runs. Restart phone, and run each app again one at a time. I think windows phone has an issue with live tiles sometimes.

Sounds like a plan. Something is killing the updates to live tiles and I intend to run it down if possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12