How is PDF Reading on the 920?

Ivan M1

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello:

I am currently an iPhone 4 user. Since the iPhone 4 is too small to read PDFs, I mainly use my iPad as my e-reader. But lately I have been considering a Windows Phone, in particular a Lumia 920. How does PDF organizing, editing, and reading compare? Are there good apps for highlighting and note taking?

I understand 4 1/2 inches still isn't ideal for reading but it's significantly larger than my iPhone's screen. Any advice/help would be great. Thanks.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well you can read them but you can't send them and at least while I was still using my 920 as my main phone, you couldn't edit them. Maybe that has changed, I don't know

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't do much reading but I have PDFs that I've downloaded from websites, like schedules or airline itineraries and they open up ok. I have option to share as well.

I don't see anything for editing, there's a bookmarks option I don't know does what, some viewing options but that's about it.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
You can read them and that's about it. No editing, no highlighting, no note-taking. Hopefully there'll be better pdf reader apps in the future. Adobe hasn't even released theirs for WP8 yet.

Seerko

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I use PDF's to look up answers to the questions I am doing for school. Way more convenient than pulling out my laptop. Sharing is a bit of a pain as you have to upload it to skydrive first.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've contacted Adobe Inc. via Feature Request form and Adobe Community regarding Adobe Reader for high-resolution WP8 devices. Next step would be requesting all their Touch Apps for WP ... Lets be strong, patient and relentless!
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12