Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr Manson
  • 1 Post By Jupast
  • 1 Post By WPmunkey
  • 1 Post By koldmiser

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Why? When? I can't stand the default tones on my 920!!!

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koldmiser View Post
    Why? When? I can't stand the default tones on my 920!!!
    me too. It sucks to be limited down to pre-installed tones. I want to be able to choose cow or sheep sounds for my sms
    e4et likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    I am really hoping that this is coming in one of the GDR's or Blue. It's been a complaint since WP7. Someone has to have noticed

It is indeed not good enough. Aside from mere dislike of the sound world that the MS tones seem to eminate from, many seem poorly-designed for the task of being strident and clear- so many "soft" sounds in there. As a synthesist/sound sculptor it is particularly annoying not to be able to roll my own custom tones....
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

it's been the top suggestion forever, so lame it hasn't even been mentioned

You'd think this is something that someone on the Windows Team could probably sit down and code in a night or two, then release as a small update, it just needs to be added to the people hub like the custom ringtones. But no...we wait...and wait. I sometimes wonder what that team does at work all day.
    Thanked by:
    e4et likes this.

Well 8.1 will change your life. I hope...
    Jaripi likes this.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewovener View Post
    It is indeed not good enough. Aside from mere dislike of the sound world that the MS tones seem to eminate from, many seem poorly-designed for the task of being strident and clear- so many "soft" sounds in there. As a synthesist/sound sculptor it is particularly annoying not to be able to roll my own custom tones....
    And that's a big part of my complaint...some of the tones are so soft, even with the volume turned up, it's still to quite.
    e4et likes this.

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    If we could get the phone unlocked/rooted we could install myringtone2sms, it worked great on my HTC Arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Manson View Post
    me too. It sucks to be limited down to pre-installed tones. I want to be able to choose cow or sheep sounds for my sms
    imagegine the flock of sheep going of everytime You get a fb chat (lots of messages in short time, same tone with SMS).. most annoying, would kill if that happened in the office every 10 minutes ;)

Been waiting over twelve months for my 900 update don't think MS is going to resolve this its the most asked for update but MS just keep ignoring it :(
    most people recommend getting a Android phone think its what im going to do. ( Android so customizable)

Not only custom tones, but the ability to have certain contacts be silent and no vibrate!

they think of new ways to leach off our hard earned money, I also believe that is how they decided to charge for Xbox Live....