Backfired Repair...

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So, I've just got my Nokia Lumia 920 back from repair (Nokia Care Store). But there's a new problem. Same SIM card, same position, etc. HTC gets full 3G signal. Nokia thinks there's no signal available (the HTC can get online, the Nokia can't). Does anyone know what's happened? Before the repair, my HTC and Nokia would get similar levels of signal, but now there's this huge discrepancy. Anything I can do to fix it? I've done flight mode toggle, reboots, etc.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So, I've just got my Nokia Lumia 920 back from repair (Nokia Care Store). But there's a new problem. Same SIM card, same position, etc. HTC gets full 3G signal. Nokia thinks there's no signal available (the HTC can get online, the Nokia can't). Does anyone know what's happened? Before the repair, my HTC and Nokia would get similar levels of signal, but now there's this huge discrepancy. Anything I can do to fix it? I've done flight mode toggle, reboots, etc.

Welcome to the dark side of firmware update. Could you quickly check and see if you've been given a 1308.x update? ;)

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site

I'm presuming I sometimes get signal with the Nokia that would be a yes? Could you elaborate further please?

What I mean is, take the card out of the slot and put it back in. Make sure it's making good contact with the contacts in the slot, make sure it's seated in there correctly.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
It sometimes gets signal. Could it be a fuzzy connection between the antenna and the main motherboard? Although let's be clear, the Nokia doesn't get signal in places it used to.

I know you don't want to hear this, but maybe contact Nokia and have them repair it again? And try and ask them if they can give you a brand new phone, like what AT&T does with warranty/insurance replacements.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I know you don't want to hear this, but maybe contact Nokia and have them repair it again? And try and ask them if they can give you a brand new phone, like what AT&T does with warranty/insurance replacements.

Yeah, I think I'm going to do that. Tried the signal again after charging the phone.
HTC: 3 bars HSDPA
Nokia: 3 bars GPRS

Genius me thought a phone reset would fix it... I've only gone and bricked it X_X back to Nokia it goes...

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So, managed to unbrick the phone (thank goodness) but my signal woes remain... Looks like Nokia Care Store is the only way to go :(

Edit: spoke with Phones4U and Nokia. It's gone back for repair.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99