- 04-08-2013, 10:39 PM #1
So after few times of contacting ATT live support they said this:
Buy the phone off-contract and call ATT care number to get an unlock even if you're not an ATT customer.
I don't have the phone yet because I don't wanna pull the trigger on it because it's unclear. 3 reps I contacted pretty much said the same thing.
Then today I went to 2 att stores and guess what they said...
1. Sorry can't unlock it, go to Microsoft store and ask for unlocked phones....Not really what I asked.
2. Sorry can't unlock it, go to Best Buy and ask about unlocked Lumia 920.
I know for sure that Best Buy won't have unlocked, they don't even have a Lumia 920 on display (only the shell).
This is so confusing. Anybody else had these bad experiences searching for Lumia 920?
Last edited by ArmisLt; 04-09-2013 at 07:26 AM. Reason: error
- 04-09-2013, 08:43 AM #4
04-09-2013, 08:57 AM #5
- 373 Posts
All AT&T exclusive devices (like the Lumia 920) have a 6 month no unlock period after launch. So that gets you to May 9th (launched Nov 9th) After that, if you are no-contract full price purchase you can unlock right away, if on contract you usually need to have had the device for 90 days and have an account in good standing, although that 90 day period may be shorter if you are a long-time customer and/or a premier customer.
- 04-09-2013, 11:37 AM #8
3 reps I contacted on ATT live support said that if I bought the phone off contract for full price (449.99) and then called the number, they would unlock it.
I guess us non ATT people will have to wait until may to have an unlocked Lumia 920.
- 04-09-2013, 04:24 PM #11----
My Device History circa 2007:
Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone
- 04-11-2013, 01:11 AM #12
Hi I'm new. Ok got that out of the way. Bought mine off contract full price. Received it today. Called AT&T. they claimed Nokia wouldn't give them the unlock code. I say that's bs. If they don't give it to me, I'm thinking about sending the phone back. Wanted to try windows phone since I'm currently an android guy. This is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
04-12-2013, 06:38 AM #13
- 5 Posts
www.mobileunlockguide.com This site provides free unlocking instructions. This could help you understand unlocking process better.
- 04-15-2013, 02:54 PM #14
Called them back end of last week and expressed the need for an unlock code. The person at the call center said it wasn't eligible till mid may. I expressed how I thought that was unfair since I paid full price for it. She asked if I wanted it escalated and have a case opened. I said yes. Fast forward to today. I got my unlock code. Haven't tried it yet but wanted to report to the other people who have been getting the run around.
- 04-16-2013, 08:55 AM #18
- 04-16-2013, 08:55 AM #19
In short, if you can get it to work that's great, but I couldn't.
- 04-16-2013, 12:09 PM #20Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.
Treo 750 hacks thread.
- By rajamass in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 02-19-2013, 12:25 AM
- By FitnesFreak in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 11-08-2012, 08:56 AM
- By xtrip in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 11-07-2012, 09:32 PM
- By ever1ast15 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 25Last Post: 11-05-2012, 12:37 PM
- By TheAsbo in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 11Last Post: 09-20-2012, 02:32 PM