Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I bought an unlocked 920 from a guy from craigslist's. At 1st I thought it was a scam, because of the many people who can't get their phones unlocked.. But surprisingly this phone works. The problem is getting the my internet to work is spotty with my T-Mobile network. I live in Houston, where I'm suppose to have LTE. When the phone gets the LTE signal, I can not get my internet to work, but when my signal drops to 4g my internet works. I called T-Mobile and they told me their engineers would look into and try to fix in the 72 hour time frame(Wed 4-10-13)... My question is this a network problem or is it because my phone isn't meant to be used on the T-Mobile network?

Thanks
    Last edited by ismeyall; 04-09-2013 at 08:55 AM.

If your phone is the 1308 update its from that. Nokia will be releasing another update to fix that problem very soon, so dont worry your phone is okay just the update was buggy.
    Thanked by:

Thank-you!!

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Also, if you're using the Access Point settings app, try switching to another APN and then back to the one you use.

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    also from houston - i would be interested to hear about your progress with this as I am thinking of moving from ATT to TMo, but just not sure of the coverage here...

I have asked this is plenty of times - is there any way i can see what cell ID i am actually using and the signal strength? That way i can maybe use antennaweb to check the info...
    I know in the SW (towards Hwyt 59/Beltway8) i have intermittent good data with ATT

Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmajid View Post
    also from houston - i would be interested to hear about your progress with this as I am thinking of moving from ATT to TMo, but just not sure of the coverage here...

I have asked this is plenty of times - is there any way i can see what cell ID i am actually using and the signal strength? That way i can maybe use antennaweb to check the info...
    I know in the SW (towards Hwyt 59/Beltway8) i have intermittent good data with ATT
    just visit T-Mobile.com and check your coverage. You can put in your street address or general zip codes for home, work, and frequently visited locations.