Nokia Lumia 920 1308 firmware update - Eastern and Central Europe users

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just updated to 1308. The whole process took around 25 minutes and went on without any glitches.
What i noticed so far:
- managed to clear around 1 Gb of temp data
-the vibration of the Window. Search and Back key is reduced to almost zero.

Will update tomorrow after I play some more with the phone.

I suggest you check because you might find the 1308 update available in your country. 😊

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update ready - initiating download ^_^ Czech republic - Vodafone DE branded

EDIT: aaand DONE, 1232.5957.1308.0007, freed over 1GB in storage check, yay ^_^

Last edited:

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Got 1308 update last evening as also Lumia Storage Chweck update that enables moving map data to SD card. Phone: Lumia 820, Carrier: BH Telecom Bosnia and Herzegovina

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
First I needed to delete existing maps, around 300MB since I did not have enough space to download update, you will need 400MB for downloading update. Then when update is finish, today is pop-up update for Lumia Storage Check, previously was installed 1.0 version (without functionality on 1249 firmware) from Nokia Beta lab, now I have option to select where I want to be downloaded maps as you have for picture, video and music. Just this option is under Lumia Storage Check apps, not in setting. In other word, you will need to install from Nokia Beta Labs apps Lumia Storage Check, then you will have possibility to download maps directly to SD card via this app.
How do you move them? do you have HERE maps? I'm on Lumia 820, HT Eronet.

SmoothOp

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
First I needed to delete existing maps, around 300MB since I did not have enough space to download update, you will need 400MB for downloading update. Then when update is finish, today is pop-up update for Lumia Storage Check, previously was installed 1.0 version (without functionality on 1249 firmware) from Nokia Beta lab, now I have option to select where I want to be downloaded maps as you have for picture, video and music. Just this option is under Lumia Storage Check apps, not in setting. In other word, you will need to install from Nokia Beta Labs apps Lumia Storage Check, then you will have possibility to download maps directly to SD card via this app.
Thank you, but I will rather wait then to mess with beta. Can you please check if "Other storage" is being cleared if you select to clean it in Storage check. I have only 200MB cleared.

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, but I will rather wait then to mess with beta. Can you please check if "Other storage" is being cleared if you select to clean it in Storage check. I have only 200MB cleared.

First regarding beta, HERE Drive is in beta, really I do not see reason why not to use beta apps, you cannot broke anything, especially because today all apps are somehow beta app, developers constantly releasing upgrades with bug fixing and new feature and by the way, now map data it can be on SD Card.
Now regarding other storage, this will not be deleted by feature that is come in 1308 firmware, it will be deleted only temp files. To be frankly, I do not know what is in Other storage but I am assuming that are game stat, file for faster access to apps etc.
From my point of view, feature that enables that map data are on SD is more than enough, if future releases enables that apps and mail it can be moved to SD Card, I will be more than happy.

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express

chaserutz

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Got my 920 from Wind Italy, and using it in Vodafone Romania, for about 2 months... No 1308 update yet... Will I nees to wait more?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs