Lumia 920 with T-Mobile 4G/LTE?

frankly1100

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I was on GSM Nation this morning about to purchase an ATIV S when I decided to take a final look at other Windows Phone options when I stumbled across this listing:

Nokia Lumia 920 Red Unlocked

The listing shows up as "Nokia Lumia 920 (Unlocked) Red American Version 4G LTE 700/1700" and when you check network compatibility it shows this:

GSMNation Lumia 920 Unlocked 4G chart.png

Is this possible? If so, I'd like some feedback ASAP as I have T-Mobile and I'd like to buy this. Any help or input would be appreciated.

hoosiers7120

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is possible. I currently own a black Rogers unlocked Nokia Lumia 920 and it runs on 4G since I don't have LTE in my area but when it does come I will be able to use LTE.

frankly1100

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is possible. I currently own a black Rogers unlocked Nokia Lumia 920 and it runs on 4G since I don't have LTE in my area but when it does come I will be able to use LTE.

Can you provide something to back this? Maybe a screen shot of your phone. I apologize for questioning your authenticity but I'd like to be completely sure before I make the leap.

nMIK-3

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Currently the American model is not available unlocked, in retail version.

The only model fully compatible with the T-Mobile USA 3G and 4G LTE frequencies is the Canadian model from Rogers.
This model can be found in the market unlocked and is also unbranded, meaning no Roger logos are on the devices, besides the startup logo on device boot.

Make sure they are referring to the Rogers model. Many online stores are copying/pasting the specs from Nokia's website the the LTE frequencies for the Lumia 920 on nokia's websites was and still is a mess.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can you provide something to back this? Maybe a screen shot of your phone. I apologize for questioning your authenticity but I'd like to be completely sure before I make the leap.

Wow. Really? What if I just take a screenshot of anything and just Photoshop it to have whatever you want to see. Will that be authentic enough for you?

Boy, do you have some nerve.

frankly1100

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Wow. Really? What if I just take a screenshot of anything and just Photoshop it to have whatever you want to see. Will that be authentic enough for you?

Boy, do you have some nerve.
It wasn't for you to begin with. You seem highly offended, f**k crawled up your ***?

Hamdy Fayed

May 12, 2013
Visit site
i got my Lumia 920 unlocked 2 days ago through at&t and then i switched to T-mobile... it's way greater than at&t.... Lte is not yet available in my area but 4g is perfect.

Yitzhak Khabinsky

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
i got my Lumia 920 unlocked 2 days ago through at&t and then i switched to T-mobile... it's way greater than at&t.... Lte is not yet available in my area but 4g is perfect.

I did the same, I unlocked my Lumia 920 with AT&T support help. Unfortunately, the speed I am getting on the T-Mobile network is EDGE in my area in Hollywood, FL 33312.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I too have unlocked AT&T Lumia 920. I do get 4G at many places around the Philly area but I believe its the refarmed 1900mhz band. I am lead to believe that aws band 1700/2100 is disabled in the At&T branded phone after reading some forums in ZDA. I don't think Tmobile has light up LTE yet here so I don't know if the phone will actually get those bands.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

cellneuron

Aug 26, 2005
Visit site
I did the same, I unlocked my Lumia 920 with AT&T support help. Unfortunately, the speed I am getting on the T-Mobile network is EDGE in my area in Hollywood, FL 33312.

You need either set the apn by yourself or download access points. I have been to 33312 a few times and I always have solid 4G. The whole miami big area has 1900 refarmed, no towers left behind. I am using same hardware as yours.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
##3282# >> settings >> cellular as 3g band 2

This makes the network stick to 1900, but if i were you i will leave everything to automatic

Tracy Daken

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
There are two variants of the Lumia 920 on Rogers. The ones that have 700/1700 on the title work perfect for Tmobile. I have the white version of the same model. I get up to 20mb download on HPSDA + in Portland. It IS legit. GSM Nation is just as good as Negri Electronics.
Added note. These Lumias also have the 42MB HPSDA+ AND LTE. I haven't confirmed LTE yet on T-Mobile. Just like ATT though, there are Tmobile APNs for 4g and LTE separately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)