Uninstall access point app?

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I installed it to see if that would help with the lte issues caused by the poopy firmware andi installed 1314 last night and I'm still receiving half the lte speeds I receive on my galaxy s3 and iPhone 5 so wanted to see if access point was causing it for any reason since it was the only thing I did to the phone since 1308. Also if I dis a full reset access point would be gone as well since it was downloaded from the app store right?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I installed it to see if that would help with the lte issues caused by the poopy firmware andi installed 1314 last night and I'm still receiving half the lte speeds I receive on my galaxy s3 and iPhone 5 so wanted to see if access point was causing it for any reason since it was the only thing I did to the phone since 1308. Also if I dis a full reset access point would be gone as well since it was downloaded from the app store right?

If you restore from a backup, it will just reinstall itself. To get rid of it you have to do a hard reset and do not restore from backup. Then setup the phone...

Glad I didn't install that one. It's my understanding that Nokia never pushed it out to ATT phones.

andraeseus

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
You are incorrect. If you restore from back up you will not get this app. You would still have to go to the store and download it. Ibdid this already.. I had to wait foe the first gdr and them it was available to download. Another thing. Resetting the phone is a pain in the *** andbi bricked my device for over 10 hrs. If you are not tech savvy enough to troubleshoot when it goes wrong (because I promise you that it will go wrong) I would not do it all. Besides it will take another week for the amber update to come through.

If you restore from a backup, it will just reinstall itself. To get rid of it you have to do a hard reset and do not restore from backup. Then setup the phone...

Glad I didn't install that one. It's my understanding that Nokia never pushed it out to ATT phones.

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
kindly install Lumia updater its a little app but it updates all UI settings one by one like display glance call & sms block and much more i am sure it ill fix your issue...

dbrown89441

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you!!
Worked like a charm. :smile:
I used this to get rid of the AT&T tethering block on a phone that I am using on Consumer Cellular. :cool:

FYI though: It looks like the manually set year needs to be 'at least' 100 years out to get the uninstall prompt otherwise you only get a sim error message.

andraeseus

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have luck with getting internet sharing while using lte? I am sure if I get rid,of the app (access point) I can get internet sharing but I don't want it at 3g speeds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss