Nokia CC-1043 is officially useless after 1 month

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Not just cc-1043, most silicone cases out there has this problem, my friend's clear gel cases also turns blue because of her jeans. It is a little disappointing to see the discolouring on such beautiful case, but I guess before they find better material that can concur dust and dirt, this is the best we can get
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
QUOTE:
Aditya Phulwani
I dont understand? ?30 for a new polycarbonate case? you mean the Body of the 920? Is it actually changeable? Id love to change my body!

Does anyone know if its possible to change the body of the 920? Probably change the color or something. Would be sweeet.

YES...THE GUY AT MY LOCAL NOKIA SHOP SAID HE COULD ORDER A REPLACEMENT BODY FOR THE 920 FOR ?30 INCLUDING FITTING!!!

I don't even care about the scratches even more...a few months down the line I may or may not change the case. Maybe a black one before I sell it when a better Nokia comes out! Not sure how many people apart from me are brave enough to go for yellow, lol!

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a blue and yellow and the cases are both dirty in the corners...however, I thought I was anal until I read the above...many people don't get a case at all because it messes with the look...if the corners bother you that much buy a new one and move on...not much you can do about it.

I am seriously thinking about buying a new shell for my 920 (cyan) and going that route...

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
"Officially useless"
Well. Since i have some discolouration on the back of my lumia i should just go ahead and throw it out since i guess it's "officially useless".

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Some people aren't made of money.

I agree with you OP. This is why I stay away from light colored cases. They get dirty fast. :(

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Need a case to protect your phone, not your phone to protect your case........Need your phone clean or the case clean???

Freuder

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
omglilol, ignore the comments from people who don't actually own a CC-1043 case and think you're over-reacting, they haven't seen the problem with their own eyes. I've had silicon cases for other phones but never seen one discolour like this. It's not the oil from your hands - if it were then the cover would discolour most where you hold it, but my cover has the worst mark at the top left, where it is not in contact with my hand when I hold the phone. Nor is it everyday dirt - if it were then everything else you put in your pockets would get filthy. If Nokia had any sense they'd admit there was a problem and deal with it - people comment on the nice colour of the case but in the same breath they ask about the black marks - first impressions count and a CC-1043 case that's more than a week old does not make a good first impression. I suggest you tweet @nokiacares and let us know if they do.

WP_000497.jpg

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
My grey case is starting to do the same thing. At this point I think it's inevitable for these cases to not have this happen. Anyway I still think the case is one of the best ones out there.

Fransb85

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I work on old cars a lot and inevitably my cover gets dirty (I have the some one in cyan). I used brake cleaner to get the greasy fingers off mine, works like a charm.

coasters

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
[bump]
This has been happening since these type of cases came out for the 900. Had one in green, same happened. Now, the gray one I have on my 920 did this after about a week; It's hard to believe its dirt/grime, since that would likely come right off. Like a previous poster said, its like a change of color altogether... very weird.

loukkis

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
[bump]
This has been happening since these type of cases came out for the 900. Had one in green, same happened. Now, the gray one I have on my 920 did this after about a week; It's hard to believe its dirt/grime, since that would likely come right off. Like a previous poster said, its like a change of color altogether... very weird.
I do not understand why this is Nokias problem if you have dirty hands, pockets or tables and such. It's dirt! It's not discolouring in the means that it has lost something, it has had something and it's called dirt, ****, crap, you name it. It will go off if you wash it, so what's the problem? I'm not gonna blame BMW when my car gets dirt. Cheez.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I do not understand why this is Nokias problem if you have dirty hands, pockets or tables and such. It's dirt! It's not discolouring in the means that it has lost something, it has had something and it's called dirt, ****, crap, you name it. It will go off if you wash it, so what's the problem? I'm not gonna blame BMW when my car gets dirt. Cheez.

finally! Bravo for the enlightening and helpful insight. Thank You.

All this time its my dirty hands!?!

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a car. After a week of driving it, it got really dirty. Therefore it is officially useless. I'm gonna go and throw it away now.

mccririck

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I think the problem with the case material is the dirt gets ingrained in the material very easily. If cars were all coated in this material just imagine what they'd all look like...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon