Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of sudden yesterday, my camera doesn't open anymore. When I click "Camera" it just goes back to the start screen. Funny, as the camera works just fine in any other app that uses the camera. Also, City Lens reports my devices has no motion sensor.

I am very frustrated. There is an official Nokia repair facility near me, so I will be stopping in Monday, but this is the FIRST time I've ever had a problem with a phone, especially after only having it for 2 weeks.

Hopefully this isn't a systemic problem.

Global Posts
    1,062 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before taking it to the repair facility try a couple of resets first. The first one is a simulated battery pull (because the 920 doesn't have a removable battery). Press and hold the volume down and power buttons together for roughly 12 seconds until the phone vibrates. The phone should automatically reboot. The second reset is; Volume down + Power + Camera button held together until the phone vibrates. Then release the power button but keep holding the other two for approx. five seconds then release.

You won't lose any data on the phone but the date and time will reset to factory defaults unless you have auto time & date activated and your network supports it.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelGummage View Post
    Before taking it to the repair facility try a couple of resets first. The first one is a simulated battery pull (because the 920 doesn't have a removable battery). Press and hold the volume down and power buttons together for roughly 12 seconds until the phone vibrates. The phone should automatically reboot. The second reset is; Volume down + Power + Camera button held together until the phone vibrates. Then release the power button but keep holding the other two for approx. five seconds then release.

You won't lose any data on the phone but the date and time will reset to factory defaults unless you have auto time & date activated and your network supports it.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have reset the phone about 10 or so times as of now, and also did a firmware reset through NaviFirm, putting a fresh image on the phone. I am just stumped. Really didn't want to have any problems with the phone after so many have. Ugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This happened to me to but it came like that right out of the box so i went back to the store, and they switched the motherboard and now everything works fine.
    jlink38 likes this.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickG92 View Post
    This happened to me to but it came like that right out of the box so i went back to the store, and they switched the motherboard and now everything works fine.
    Hmm alright. I will bring it to the shop on Monday and see what they can do. I am an American living in Italy, so I will have to communicate to them that I already tried resetting everything over and over. Hopefully they get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THANK YOU very much. I was already starting to panic because of this issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resurrecting an old thread - I believe I have the same issue.

All of a sudden none of my Lumia 920's (WP8.1 DVP latest build) sensors are working (no gyro, accelerometer, proximity sensor, GPS), and the camera app crashes as soon as I take a photo.

I've tried a hard reset today and that has made no difference. It would be good to know how the OP's problem was resolved - but has this been a common problem?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronGreenback View Post
    Resurrecting an old thread - I believe I have the same issue.

All of a sudden none of my Lumia 920's (WP8.1 DVP latest build) sensors are working (no gyro, accelerometer, proximity sensor, GPS), and the camera app crashes as soon as I take a photo.

I've tried a hard reset today and that has made no difference. It would be good to know how the OP's problem was resolved - but has this been a common problem?
    Thanks
    I had exactly the same problem on my 920 8.1 DevP about 1 week after preview release and it fixed itself after DevP update 1 but now its back again, is there any solution or should i just wait for official 8.1 release along with Cyan ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been having nearly the same issues on my 920 for a few weeks now; shortly after installing the dev preview. The only difference is for me the GPS seems to keep functioning. The problem seems to usually go away for a few minutes after restarting the phone, but after using the phone for a bit the orientation sensor dies, the proximity sensor stops working, and the camera refuses to take pictures.

Yesterday I reverted to 8.0 and installed Cyan/8.1 hoping it would fix it, but I'm still having the same problem... anyone else have this issue? Any idea how to fix it?