Very bad signal! L920

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Same thing is happening with Rogers customers in Canada. I was able to reach Nokia tech support and they told me that the 1308 released was incomplete and there will be a second firmware update (1314) to address all the issues, they did not have any timelines available.

Maybe we can have a global 1308 issues sticky going, so at least when people talk to the provider or to nokia they can give them a link to the thread to actually show them that this is a bigger issue than what they think.

I want to support Nokia, i was patient about the dust in the camera (still have it), patient about all the other blunders and the battery flash drains, but I need my phone to perform at least its basic functions. I have no connection very often, missed calls, dropped calls, missing sms, MMS doesn't work at all any more. Its getting extremely hard to cheer for Nokia, when they allow their own mistakes to go on for this long without being addressed.

I'm not sure how they are expecting to mount a full comeback when they are screwing over the current customer base of early adopters by being negligent and not addressing things fast enough.

Go on start the thread and I'll sticky it!

There are about 12 threads that users have created by region where they got 1308 and had issues. If they had kept them in a single thread a month ago, we would have already had that sticky'd! But if you make a thread, well focused with no off topic chatter, I'll sticky it! :)

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Going to be tough, but I'll give it a shot

Go on start the thread and I'll sticky it!

There are about 12 threads that users have created by region where they got 1308 and had issues. If they had kept them in a single thread a month ago, we would have already had that sticky'd! But if you make a thread, well focused with no off topic chatter, I'll sticky it! :)

Jon Farley

May 11, 2013
Visit site
So it could be a firmware issue then? Interesting. I truly hope this is the case seeing as it can be fixed. Orange however just aren't interested haha. Ill get on that thread when i get home. We need to get this recognised

JammyGitz

Banned
Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've tried downgrading the firmware. Didn't work. I now have 3G+ but I guarantee you within the next hour it will go down to G

It's just weird because if it was a hardware fault i.e broken aerial, I would surely never get a signal. But sometimes in certain areas I get a better signal than the GF. On the other hand, if it was software related, why didn't the firmware downgrade fix it? Thirdly, if it was network / SIM related, why doesn't it fix it when I put the GFs sim into my phone?

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is either your antenna or your motherboard is toasted. Since a reset and flash doesnt work means there is nothing to do with sw. All memory including error is wiped out after you do a flash.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I've tried downgrading the firmware. Didn't work. I now have 3G+ but I guarantee you within the next hour it will go down to G

It's just weird because if it was a hardware fault i.e broken aerial, I would surely never get a signal. But sometimes in certain areas I get a better signal than the GF. On the other hand, if it was software related, why didn't the firmware downgrade fix it? Thirdly, if it was network / SIM related, why doesn't it fix it when I put the GFs sim into my phone?

I downgraded to 1249, definitely the signal and data issue got better

Jon Farley

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, ever since about a week ago my signal has gone from bad to almost nothing. I'm lucky to get 1 bar of G and sometimes I get nothing indoors or even in shops. I can get 3G if outside in a strong signal area like town centre. My GF got hers about a month ago and mine is from December 2012. I'm on EE and she's on Orange EE. Phone set to 3G max, done a hard reset, soft reset and switch flight mode on and off as well. Running 1308.

EDIT: Our OS Version, Firmware revision, Hardware revision, Radio software version and Chip SOC version are both the same.

Oh and I swapped the sims, so pretty sure it's the phone

My 920: wp_ss_20130420_0002 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
GFs 920: wp_ss_20130420_0001 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

ok guys me again lol. ive just been to my nearest nokia care point. like i said im having the same signal issues as you. i gave it to them and and they said that the antenna in the phone was dodgey. so they put a new one in and now i have full signal. luckily mines still under nokia warranty so it was free. (all l920s come with nokia 12 month warranty). so go and get yours looked at seeing as this seems to be a common problem with them. again like i said im on orange uk. hope this helps

Eby Creek

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I believe I have the fix for the Nokia 920 poor reception problem. I ordered a new antenna off of EBAY for $5.58 and installed it. I went from 1 bar to 5. I think there must of been bad antennas installed from the factory. Just go to EBAY and search for (Main Antenna Module Replacement Parts for Nokia Lumia 920). If you go to youtube and watch this link it will walk you through the process. Nokia Lumia 920 Disassembly & Assembly - Screen & Case Replacement - YouTube

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720