NaviFirm+ Finally Locked-out from Nokia Caresuite servers

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It looked like they had last night - I could search downloads by product id in NCS but actual download requests just sat there and did nothing. I didn't have a chance to investigate further.
oh i get what you mean. The Product support tools is blocked i guess, but the Data package manager still works fine albeit had been extremely slow these few days.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
It looked like they had last night - I could search downloads by product id in NCS but actual download requests just sat there and did nothing. I didn't have a chance to investigate further.

They're not blocked. If you already have the files in the RM-xxx Products folder found in C:\ProgramData\... downloads will not occur.

Temujin Morgan

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
dxdy, you are the MOST amazing person in the world. I have a Telstra branded Lumia 920 phone here in Aus and its my 3rd unit and its also started its regular drop cellular until reboot, it runs 1249 and will be 1-2 months by the time they do 1308 or 1314. I recently downloaded and updated to the generic Australian ROM (1308), my reception is better, my battery drains at around 3.5%-4% vs the old 5%-6% per hour. However I went exploring for the ROMs for the new Lumia 720 I got my wife and ran into the error and hit clear cache. Too late to get the old Telstra ROM if I ever have to send it back. These files for (Telstra 1249) are on its way down. Thankyou so much!

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Too late to get the old Telstra ROM if I ever have to send it back.

They wont care if you send it back with generic fw.
I've got the Telstra standard 1242 fw saved. If a situation comes up in the future where its needed ill upload it. (i'm sure its on the internet somewhere though)

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
firmware 1232.5962.1314.1 - RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT Black (059L848)
https://mega.co.nz/#!BoIl2ajL!RHjrxFrurKZQa8C_01v-nE_evXQSs_M1Xx_Rz6TkBS8

Thanks so much! My Lumina locked up today, then went into a reboot loop, did a hard reset, stuck on gears for 4 hours. Currently restoring a backup for the 28th thanks to this FW!

EDIT: Well after the restore it locked up again as soon as I tried to open settings. This time it went into the constant reboot loop of showing the Nokia splash screen and the ATT screen again and no matter what I did it still reverted back to the reboot loop. Tried factory rest with button combination, flashing to the 1314 a few times, all with the same results. Copied the cache files over and downloaded 1242 firmware. Flashed it with that and it came back to normal life. Let it pull OTA updates and then did a factory reset through settings. So far it's back up and running with no issues.

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have the Cache for a Lumia 822 (RM-845) mine is bricked and would love to fix this and not try to deal with the carrier or sending it out to Nokia....Thanks !

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Forgot to post about my update. Two days later my 920 did the same thing. Clicked on settings and the got the black screen. Tried a soft reset and it went into the reboot loop again. Contacted At&T and they sent me to the nearest service center here in MI. Got my 920 swapped out with a new one and been a happy camper ever since. This one has none of the problems my previous one did, which mainly was locking up with WWF. So far so good!

f2thak

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I've Flashed my N900s and N9 countless times in the past.

Now Ive just got an L920 and it still has the original 1249 f/w. No problems, pretty keen to update to 1314.

Mines an RM-821 and I downloaded 1308 f/w a while ago but got the impression from reports that it wasn't worth it.

So, today I tried to use NaviFirm..... and ended here. :)

Some things really **** me about this phone and it just got worse... even less control?

Might be going back to an N9!

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've Flashed my N900s and N9 countless times in the past.

Now Ive just got an L920 and it still has the original 1249 f/w. No problems, pretty keen to update to 1314.

Mines an RM-821 and I downloaded 1308 f/w a while ago but got the impression from reports that it wasn't worth it.

So, today I tried to use NaviFirm..... and ended here. :)

Some things really **** me about this phone and it just got worse... even less control?

Might be going back to an N9!

You do not need Navifirm any longer ... just use Nokia Care Suite to download the latest firmware and to install it too ....

... or just use Nokia Software Updater - to check that you have a latest firmware and update it ...

By the way, I own still both, N9 and Lumia 920 ...

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
@ballanda,
You only have to put up with the nagging message once and then once you have okay'ed it, you shouldn't see it again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Ripper Cornelio

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 firmware it's rm-820 country variant from Mexico, it's gdr3 for the white color of the phone, if anyone need it I can upload it to mega :)
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

ReneGO0

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
hello ripper cornelio i have just read your post. Could you please upload it. i need the firmeware since i recently unlocked my iusacell white lumia and put another sim but it overheats also i would like to recieve cyan first :) please !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos