NaviFirm+ Finally Locked-out from Nokia Caresuite servers

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I just tried accessing Navifirm a few minutes ago and I'm now getting this error after I refreshed its cache...

It seems our happy days flashing the latest firmware to our Nokia Phones are over :(

Note: Tweeted as '@Blinkthinks'

Attachments

• navifirmlockedout.jpg
    navifirmlockedout.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 887

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I never really used the Nokia Caresuite but I'm sad its glory days enabling us to flash firmware are over. Are we completely reliant on OTA updates now or are there alternatives?

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Well it's a big bummer indeed :(

When Nokia announced last January that by the end of January 2013 they will no longer allow unauthorized access to its NaviFirm servers, I really didn't get it - in fact I still don't get it... I really want getting the latest firmware and flashing them, instead of waiting for the OTA's that takes looooonger to go live :(

It was a good 2 and 1/2 months of 'extended access'... So sad it's all over (for) now :(

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Well it's a big bummer indeed :(

When Nokia announced last January that by the end of January 2013 they will no longer allow unauthorized access to its NaviFirm servers, I really didn't get it - in fact I still don't get it... I really want getting the latest firmware and flashing them, instead of waiting for the OTA's that takes looooonger to go live :(

It was a good 2 and 1/2 months of 'extended access'... So sad it's all over (for) now :(

Damn. That's just sinking in now. I'm going to have to wait AGGGGES to get new firmware. Damn.
Probably should make a backup of my carriers FW in case i need to send it in for warranty.

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
That sucks. I went to update my L920 today to a non-EU rom (cant stand the volume nags with headphones), and couldn't get in. Now I am stuck with this EU ROM. I hope there's a workaround established by someone smarter than I am.

dxdy

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
working fine with cache old two days.... just download this zip, unzip and copy cache folder to navifirm folder....
download - updated at 02:53 PM.

dont reset cache!!! if you do this, simply copy this cache folder again
this not permanent solution but can help you if you need to save firmware for your Lumia for "in case of emergency" when phone is bricked. download firmware now and be safe :)

p.s.
if i broke rules, apoligize in advance

edit:2
just notice, download for RM-823, 824, 825 and 826 (Lumia 820) not working, most of Lumia 920 is OK (only 5 or 6 firmwares download found not working)

Last edited:

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
working fine with cache old two days.... just download this zip, unzip and copy cache folder to navifirm folder....
download

dont reset cache!!! if you do this, simply copy this cache folder again
this not permanent solution but can help you if you need to save firmware for your Lumia for "in case of emergency" when phone is bricked. download firmware now and be safe :)

p.s.
if i broke rules, apoligize in advance

edit:2
just notice, download for RM-823, 824, 825 and 826 (Lumia 820) not working, all Lumia 920 is OK

Thank you for this! Update, some of the files works when downloading - I particularly need the 0002 versions which isn't there anymore in your cache... Perhaps guys who has the cache - even for the latest 1314 firmware specifically for RM-821 can share by sending me a message :)

Graci!

dxdy

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for this! Update, some of the files works when downloading - I particularly need the 0002 versions which isn't there anymore in your cache... Perhaps guys who has the cache - even for the latest 1314 firmware specifically for RM-821 can share by sending me a message :)

Graci!

download RM-821 1314 work but only shows 1232.5962.1314.1.. maybe 0002 not available?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers