Viewing video list by folder?

MarkAllett

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
When I go to Videos to look at videos I've put on my phone via USB/PC, I can't get it to show me them by folder. That means they all get mixed up together and often I can't tell which is which, especially if videos from adjacent folders have similar names "introduction" for example.

Is there a third party app that will let me choose videos to watch by being able to go into the folders they reside in on the drive?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
The 920 (and all WP 8 phones) doesn't have a file manager as such so it's impossible to organise content in our own custom folders. If you're having trouble differentiating videos you should rename them on your PC before adding them to the phone

MarkAllett

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Renaming them all would be a major pain in the arse. Besides, even if I did, the way in which WP displays the filenames in a large font, would mean the differentiating parts would be off the screen! Ironically, I noticed that if you download the videos from this WP8 series: Building Apps for Windows Phone 8 Jump Start | Channel 9 and put them on your phone, then they all appear as "Building Apps for Windows Pho...", and it's impossible to determine which is which. It's junk like this that holds the platform back IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3