My first touch with Lumia 920 and... unsuccessful

workout13

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I bought my black Lumia 920 via eBay. I was dreaming about this phone after it was announced. So last week I thought - enough Android darkness, I need some colors in my life. So I sold my Nexus 4 and bought a nice Lumia 920 with wireless charger. I was waiting it to be delivered 5 days and nights, and today it finally came. First impression was - hmm, some tiny scratches on the screen, missing earphones in the box.. I thought I can live with that.I tried to turn it on. And battery logo appeared. OK then I will charge it, not a big deal. After an hour tried to turn it on - Nokia logo keep shining. 20 minutes passed and still shining. OK then, it need some time to drive-in, I thought. After an hour the same - I started to worry. After 10 min in Google I understood that my precious in stuck. OK , I read everything 5 times how to flash the phone. Nothing serious I thought. BUT then I noticed that I cant download a flash image via NaviFirm because as you know Nokia somehow blocked that service. I was blaming all world that there is some kind of conspiracy against me and my precious. But after I managed to download NaviFirm cache from another users who uploaded it (appreciate brave boys/girls). So I was praying that there is a small hope for me. And after half an hour I became a brave and solid Nokia Lumia 920 user. So thats my story buddies :). As well I'm new here, so hello to everyone, I'm happy to be a part of this community!
For now, my precious is sleeping (charging :)), so because I'm new in WM8, could someone please do an induction into this platform and Lumia 920, for dummy like me :).

Sorry for grammar, not my native language.

akiman911

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
That is a heck of a way to be introduced to a new phone

admire your dedication, welcome, it was all worthwhile

love my 920 more than anything

where are you from?

workout13

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah.. I cant use my precious because she is locked! And it was stated that its unlocked. I just ordered unlock code from fonefunshop.com. No more serious buying on eBay!! My next phone will be upcoming Nokia's flagship, and I will buy it brand new.

workout13

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Have a question mates - then I was forced to flash my device, I chose this firmware version : RM821_059R075_1232.2109.1242.1001_027_signature.
Then I started my phone it updated to 1247, as I realize its called Portico update. But I know that there is a 1308 and 1314 updates, but my phone says that its updated to the newest Firmw. Maybe I chose wrong firmware during the flashing? Have any ideas?

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Have a question mates - then I was forced to flash my device, I chose this firmware version : RM821_059R075_1232.2109.1242.1001_027_signature.
Then I started my phone it updated to 1247, as I realize its called Portico update. But I know that there is a 1308 and 1314 updates, but my phone says that its updated to the newest Firmw. Maybe I chose wrong firmware during the flashing? Have any ideas?

download the Nokia Software Updater for Retail and update your phone!!! here is the link

Nokia Software Updater for Retail 2.0.6.rar

I used this to update it to 1314.

ArmisLt

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered a Cyan Lumia 920 AT&T unlocked for 409.99$ (fleabay) from the seller BREED. (anybody heard about them?) It has some negative reviews.
I hope the experience goes smooth.
The package includes The phone, battery, manual, and simple charger.
Will it be hard to get to the sim slot if the pin is not included?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered a Cyan Lumia 920 AT&T unlocked for 409.99$ (fleabay) from the seller BREED. (anybody heard about them?) It has some negative reviews.
I hope the experience goes smooth.
The package includes The phone, battery, manual, and simple charger.
Will it be hard to get to the sim slot if the pin is not included?

No. You can use a paperclip.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah.. I cant use my precious because she is locked! And it was stated that its unlocked. I just ordered unlock code from fonefunshop.com. No more serious buying on eBay!! My next phone will be upcoming Nokia's flagship, and I will buy it brand new.

Report the user on eBay and leave him negative feedback - that's the least you can do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05