Poor service with EE (orange UK)

gadjet63

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My 920 lost power one day and would not charge up again so I took it to my local EE shop for assistance. It has been sent of for repair, I have been given a loan phone ( ?10 Samsung) but my beloved Nokia has been gone since 15th April and still with technician and not even fixed yet.
Punishment for no insurance? but only because could not afford with my phone. Been with repair technician for 4 days now with checking tracker to follow phone. How long does it take? Missing phone loads and can't believe time.
Well thanks for reading just needed to tell how pi..ed off I am and can't believe time. Mobile had Xmas day so still in warranty so why so long?

Take care everyone
Gadjet

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My 920 lost power one day and would not charge up again so I took it to my local EE shop for assistance. It has been sent of for repair, I have been given a loan phone ( ?10 Samsung) but my beloved Nokia has been gone since 15th April and still with technician and not even fixed yet.
Punishment for no insurance? but only because could not afford with my phone. Been with repair technician for 4 days now with checking tracker to follow phone. How long does it take? Missing phone loads and can't believe time.
Well thanks for reading just needed to tell how pi..ed off I am and can't believe time. Mobile had Xmas day so still in warranty so why so long?

Take care everyone
Gadjet

When I took mine to Phones4U it took about 2 weeks. Of course, check for any local Nokia Care Stores. I know for example the nearest one for me (I'm based in Leeds) is in Manchester. They also have a 2 week turnaround if they send it off to the Nokia Repair Centre. If they fix it in store, it's usually about 2 days. Just a note for future. :)

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
It took 3 weeks for me (although was over xmas so there were some bank holidays) and then it came back with the fault still present. Eventually managed to get a refund from them. Would not shop there again!

MJS9

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I sent mine for repair through my local EE store. It took 14 days to get back to me, but it came back fixed. All I wish EE would improve really is shop/staff moral. Sending a phone for repair can't be so difficult, but it came across like a major imposition for them. 3 more miserable faces I've never seen.

musik103

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Mine took 2 weeks exactly with EE but it came back in worse condition than when it went to them. I got a replacement screen which constantly flickered. To their credit, they eventually replaced the phone but the service centre is a joke and I'd never use it again. Nokia's service is much more efficient - you're only without the phone for a week.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I think they should just exchange it instead of repairing. Now that would be good customer service. Why should you have to be without your phone for a while just because they gave you a faulty device?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think they should just exchange it instead of repairing. Now that would be good customer service. Why should you have to be without your phone for a while just because they gave you a faulty device?

You can't really prove that the device was delivered faulty because the fault was discovered after taking the device away for a few days. They could easily refuse to even repair saying you've caused an irreparable damage by either dropping or incorrectly flashing your phone.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
You can't really prove that the device was delivered faulty because the fault was discovered after taking the device away for a few days. They could easily refuse to even repair saying you've caused an irreparable damage by either dropping or incorrectly flashing your phone.

That depends on the laws in the country you bought it. In the UK it's up to them to prove it and not not vice-versa within the first 6 months.

See here for more info - What do I do if I have a faulty product? - Which? Consumer Rights

In the first six months from when you buy something, the onus is on the seller to prove it was of satisfactory quality when you received it.
If the seller simply says the problem must be due to something you've done, it's for them to prove that.

gadjet63

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree with slysy, why wait all this time when it's the phone that's the fault. My 2 weeks is up nw and still says with repair technician. What the hell is he doing to it. Never thought of nokia, would be lt better service from them compared to EE. Bring back Orange they were much better. That was funny about sad ee people mine seemed pissed off because of having to fill forms too. I wasn't a sale I suppose

Gadget

DLR13

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded my phone in March of this year to a Nokia Lumia 920, and must admit..... it was the worst decision I've ever made regarding any phone I've owned.
It constantly switches itself off and has seized up and shut down permanently 3 times.
I've had to return it to EE who have sent it off to be repaired 3 times in the last 3 months, and the most recent incident happened within 3 hours of my collecting it after it was apparently repaired......it simply seized working shut itself down again.
Upon calling EE to request further advice, I was flippantly advised that as EE had done all they could and as I didn't have insurance, I should take the issue up with Nokia as they are the manufacturer of the handset, and the phone is only 6 months old and still under warranty.
This has to be the most dreadful customer service I've encountered, and has left my feeling nothing more than disappointed that I didn't investigate options of services that other providers could have offered.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077