How to attach documents while composing a new mail in my lumia 920

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
I had to send a document from my phone by mail. But everytime I clicked on attach I only got the option to attach photos stored on my phone. Could not find a way to locate my documents stored in my documents folder on my phone.
I also tried copying the document in the photos folder, but document is not shown in the attachments page.
Does anyone know how to attach a document stored on my phone.
Thanks

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
I had to send a document from my phone by mail. But everytime I clicked on attach I only got the option to attach photos stored on my phone. Could not find a way to locate my documents stored in my documents folder on my phone.
I also tried copying the document in the photos folder, but document is not shown in the attachments page.
Does anyone know how to attach a document stored on my phone.
Thanks

you can't attach from the email. Instead go to Office, open the file, tap the three dots ... , then tap share", choose the account you want to send the email from.

There is an app called mail plus on wp7.8, I don't know if its on wp8. It allows access to files on SkyDrive, phone etc to attach multiple files. You can try it, but its 3rd party so you have to be ok with privacy or the lack of it. Personally, I dont use it, but mostly bcoz I haven't had the need.

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
@hohohohanfan @mpt15
Thank you very much for your replies.
Never ever thought of opening the document and clicking on share.
Wow, my 920 indeed can attach documents. :)
Hope, in the future updates, we can attach docs just as we can now attach pics.
Thnx guys once again.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
There is an app, Mail Plus, that lets you attach documents at least from Sky Drive. There are some other options to load too. It uses your Microsoft account to send.

aruneshv

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
This is the worst phone from NOKIA I have ever seen,
1. Compromised GPS.
2. Poor hanging Navigation.
3. No search in favourites- POIS.
4. Cannot attach files ( word/excel/ppt) to mail from mail ( other ways possible - but its ridiculous and funny)
5. Very Low volume.
6. No Player, Cannot surf to a diffeternt time when a video or audio is running.
7. Camera does not have zoom or any high end features.
8. You cannot access the system folder.
9. Cannot open password Protected file.
10. Translatoe camera has very limited translations possible.
11. NO player.
12. Very less application.
13. NO SIP.
14. Mobile VOIP not working.
I suggest if you are a business used do not buy this phone.

jeffmparker

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree that this is a major limitation, i.e. only being able to attach photos when composing an email. There are times when I need to attach more than one doc to an email. In such a situation I'd need to send multiple emails, which is not very professional. I realise this is a WP8 issue and not one for Nokia, but still it limits the usefulness of the phone for business use.

techgeek32#WN

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
Yep. WP8 is not for power business users. The old Windows Mobile was. This is Microsoft trying to be like Apple. The iPhone has most of these exact limitations. The only true business devices available are Android and Blackberry. You would think that the one thing Microsoft would have focused on was email and Office. It turns out that both of these fall way short of what a business user traditionally needs. IOS has not added the attachment capability yet and I would bet that it will be a long time before Microsoft follows suit. Too bad, because WP8 is perfectly designed to provide speed and efficiency to the end user, but the lack of basic features really limits their sales reach.

Sreeni Vasulu

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi..
setup your account in settings.Any of your gmail,yahoo can be logged in. After setting up,you can check in by selecting share option in any file.then you would get options Bluetooth,google mail etc.. This is easier way to attach our docs n mail it

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Work around to sending multiple documents would be to create a new folder using the Skydrive app, moving all the documents you need to share into there, then sharing the folder via Skydrive app.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
This is the worst phone from NOKIA I have ever seen,
1. Compromised GPS.
2. Poor hanging Navigation.
3. No search in favourites- POIS.
4. Cannot attach files ( word/excel/ppt) to mail from mail ( other ways possible - but its ridiculous and funny)
5. Very Low volume.
6. No Player, Cannot surf to a diffeternt time when a video or audio is running.
7. Camera does not have zoom or any high end features.
8. You cannot access the system folder.
9. Cannot open password Protected file.
10. Translatoe camera has very limited translations possible.
11. NO player.
12. Very less application.
13. NO SIP.
14. Mobile VOIP not working.
I suggest if you are a business used do not buy this phone.

If you are that dissatisfied with the O/S then WP is clearly not for you, also software is MS's department not Nokia's

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Mods need to stop all the off-topic posts.

About e-mails, you can attach pictures, videos and documtens. You can attach only one document at once, you can attach several pictures atonce.

Babu P

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I seriously want this functionality. How many of us trust a link saying please find my resume in the link. They may thing it's a spam. What the security problem or whatever the problem why it is hard to support this feature of attaching the file. I regret why I bought Windows now. Seriously I am feeling like selling my mobile. I didn't knew this facility is not there else I would have not bought this is in 1st place..

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I seriously want this functionality. How many of us trust a link saying please find my resume in the link. They may thing it's a spam. What the security problem or whatever the problem why it is hard to support this feature of attaching the file. I regret why I bought Windows now. Seriously I am feeling like selling my mobile. I didn't knew this facility is not there else I would have not bought this is in 1st place..

Hey don't worry. I too am facing the similar problem of attaching multiple docs. Windows Phone 8.1 is coming soon. Let's hope that this feature would be considered and added in the upcoming major update.
Note: If you are linking a doc (resum?) to skydrive, i'm sure people won't think that it is a spam as the mail would clearly have the word "skydrive" in the link.
WP has a lot of positives, and a lot of negatives too. I love the positives and hope the negatives to slowly disappear. And that's happening.

wardo5757

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
It blows my mind that this basic functionality has been left out of Outlook. It was never a big deal for me because I carry my Surface Pro everywhere, but I can totally see this being a deal breaker for others.
You cannot attach a native office file or pdf to an email, you cannot reply to a request for a document with that document and you cannot attach multiple files to a single email. You can only share a single file via email, this is ridiculous and silly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos