Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I am having an issue with my 920 not locking in with proper focus. This occurs in good lighting using both methods to focus. My phone is an At&t version and is updated. the problem is not specific to my phone because I replaced my unit last week and the problem is still present in the replacement. When attempting to focus it cycles to the perfect crisp depth and then passes it bye to locks in to a blurry incorrect distance. I have tried all troubleshooting steps with no luck.....

I am having the exact same issue and recently posted about it. What firmware are you using. Have you tried Pro Shot and placing focus on manual and infinite, that works all the time for me, the auto focus doesn't catch for some reason ever since I updated to 1308

Same here, after 1308 the focus is off every time. Starting to hate Nokia for constantly bringing new problems with every firmware, and this one is the worst yet. My camera is as of now completely useless.

I have the same issue. Bug of camera app..

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Larsson View Post
    Same here, after 1308 the focus is off every time. Starting to hate Nokia for constantly bringing new problems with every firmware, and this one is the worst yet. My camera is as of now completely useless.
    Your problem is different from ours.

I have a similar problem with 1308. It's not noticeable quite so much in the camera in my case, but it's particularly noticeable when I'm trying to scan QR codes - the phone will cycle straight past good focus into a blur, meaning it takes an age to read the barcode - it seems to me like the focal distance settings have been lengthened, perhaps to try and improve long distance sharpness?

Oh how I wish nfc would take off :( QR codes really are hopeless...
    Do you long for a little app that would change your day? Let me know!

There is definitely a quality control issue with the camera on this phone. The focusing problems you described match those that I had to a tee. The Camera App with manual focus worked for me, but I didn't buy this phone to have to manually focus all the time. I got a new phone from AT&T, and it works perfectly. Its a pain to switch, but you'll be so much happier

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    Great....
    Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Mine is doing the focus hunt fail too, see it go sharp and then locks on blurry, very annoying, didn't use to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia_Man_USA View Post
    When attempting to focus it cycles to the perfect crisp depth and then passes it bye to locks in to a blurry incorrect distance.
    Yes, I have the same problem.. My firmware is 1308.. Hope Nokia can fix this bug soon.