charging your lumia from 10 - 20% to 100%

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Same with above comment, with wired charger, it takes me 2-3 hours, but I usually unplug then plug in again and leave it there for another 30 minutes.

With wireless charger... Well, leave it till the LED light's off.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
From 0 to 100%
Wireless Charger: 3h38mins (i timed it) - However that was with a very thin cheap plastic ebay case on.
Wired Charger: Havent timed it exactly, but probably around 2:30-3h

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
wireless charger provides a weaker charge than cable. I have confirmed this. Charged on wireless I get about an hour less on a charge....it charges faster on wired too. I need to look at the voltage steps on my killawatt but I'm guessing the wireless charger has a higher voltage step. On a wired charge it starts out high but steps down quickly as battery capacity is filled

mitunchidamparam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
the efficiency between wired and wireless charging is a lot.
a wired charger has a efficiency of like 60- 70 % usually
a wireless charger has a efficieny of 40 % when you are a few milimeters away.
so a wireless charger will charge approximately 2 times or 1.5 times slower than wired charger, i calculated all of this

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I really can't see the usefulness of a wireless charger. Its still wired, and charges at a lower rate compared to a wired wall charger. I'll stick with my vastly cheaper more superior wall charger.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I really can't see the usefulness of a wireless charger. Its still wired, and charges at a lower rate compared to a wired wall charger. I'll stick with my vastly cheaper more superior wall charger.

Wireless charger's use? Let's see, plug it and put it on your desk or your bed or wherever you want. Now you back home from work and you want to charge it but you have another more important thing to do. What to do with a wired charger? Find the charger, look for correct port position and plug it in. With wireless? Put down and done :|

Just in my case, I put my wireless charger on my bed. So right after I turn off the light, go to my bed and want to charge my phone, I'll just have to "throw" it on the pad without bothering about turning light on just to plug the wired charger then turn it off again, you see? Don't have to look. Not to mention, the LED light on wireless charger's more accurate than the battery status on phone.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I bought wireless to have less wear and tear on USB port.

wired charging also depends on the output of the charger. Like I plug it into my hp touchpad charger and it's really fast, never did a full charge but I guess under 2hrs. I use it a lot when I need a quick extra boost

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad it works for you. But I'd rather not spend ?40 on a wireless charger, that is inferior to a wired alternative.

Well, I didn't buy it :D It came with my phone as a promotional bundle. And it did its job really great.

Wireless charger may be inferior to wall charger in performance aspect. But in battery status notification :-? Well, IMO, it's way better.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charger's use? Let's see, plug it and put it on your desk or your bed or wherever you want. Now you back home from work and you want to charge it but you have another more important thing to do. What to do with a wired charger? Find the charger, look for correct port position and plug it in. With wireless? Put down and done :|

Just in my case, I put my wireless charger on my bed. So right after I turn off the light, go to my bed and want to charge my phone, I'll just have to "throw" it on the pad without bothering about turning light on just to plug the wired charger then turn it off again, you see? Don't have to look. Not to mention, the LED light on wireless charger's more accurate than the battery status on phone.

everyone has preferences I guess. I always plug in my phone without looking, in the dark, with ease. Brightside? I can't keep it on my bed and knick it off ir put it on the floor and still when I want to use it I can't pick it up and play gravity guy 2 while its charging. Ingenious! Seems like innovation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos