Lumia 920 black to yellow conversion (album)

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if that heat strip is important? The replacement housing doesn't come with it attached and it is sold as a separate piece.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if that heat strip is important? The replacement housing doesn't come with it attached and it is sold as a separate piece.
In my case it was not important. I noticed it on my original black case and it wasn't there on the yellow replacement. Everything works, absolutely no difference in performance or temperature under high cpu load as far as I can tell.
cheers

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
So i received mine today after waiting for weeks but there is a big problem with the cover I got. The metal square that covers the camera was not attached to the case by any sort of adhesive. It would not stay in place. Also, the little glass piece that covers the lens hole wasn't properly attached to the metal square which would allow dust to get inside the phone. :(

I was really looking forward to putting on the blue shell today.

I have contacted the seller to see if they will send a replacement or offer a refund.

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I recently changed mine to Red, got it from here, it was perfect - arrived in a timely fashion (even from China) and they threw in a free screen protector!

Loving my Red Lumia now! Plus my old cover had a scratch on the camera lens.

drigerott

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Mine is now (finally) Cyan :p hihihhi with genuine spare parts :D

if some one is interested... the product code of sim door and cover are: 6401525 and 02503Z7

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
So I ordered mine from 5_bestcell
I ordered the yellow and there was a corner that was chipping away...contacted seller and they sent another one without question (asked for cyan this time).

Great service from 5_bestcell

musik103

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Just to say guys, as a few posts here seem to indicate, the cheaper ?20 cases don't seem to be particularly good quality. I ordered a white one which has cracked in the corners- better off paying a little more for a genuine one!

DDReaper

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok everyone seems to say that the spare parts sold by 5_bestcell are note genuine and advise to pay a little bit more for genuine one but i can't find cyan case anywhere but on his store.
Does anyone has found a seller that sold genuine matte cyan cases ?

drigerott

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok everyone seems to say that the spare parts sold by 5_bestcell are note genuine and advise to pay a little bit more for genuine one but i can't find cyan case anywhere but on his store.
Does anyone has found a seller that sold genuine matte cyan cases ?

just tray to ask to your reseller if they can order this product code: 6401525 and 02503Z7 (this are the genuine one)

omglilol

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I just got my yellow housing. First at the bottom left there's a tiny black discoloration, secondly the yellow seems to be peeling off of the camera sticker and thirdly near the buttons in the middle of the polycarbonate curve you can see the connection between the curved part and the flat part on the bottom, it's an ugly grayish line. And the camera sticker itself is loose and wobbles inside and out if pressed, where if not touched it's a little bit out of place, pushing out of the bottom surface.

What a complete waste of time and money. YES I can send in for a replacement but screw that, not going to wait ANOTHER 40 days to get mine plus the effort to get it from the post office.

Maybe I'll just learn to like my white Lumia and accept that I practically burned my money away.

AGAIN, DO NOT BUY. If yours hasn't shipped refund it before you regret your decision like me. It's really not worth opening up your phone and potentially voiding your warranty or worse damaging some parts only to put on an imperfect, poorly made housing.

On the plus side I got some nice tools to work with in the future, and a free screen cover.

EDIT: The seller has issued me a full refund inc. shipping without asking many questions, I only took pictures of the case and sent it to him via Ebay. Fantastic stuff really, it's rare to see people being just so, unproblematic.

Last edited:

musik103

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I just got my yellow housing. First at the bottom left there's a tiny black discoloration, secondly the yellow seems to be peeling off of the camera sticker and thirdly near the buttons in the middle of the polycarbonate curve you can see the connection between the curved part and the flat part on the bottom, it's an ugly grayish line. And the camera sticker itself is loose and wobbles inside and out if pressed, where if not touched it's a little bit out of place, pushing out of the bottom surface.

What a complete waste of time and money. YES I can send in for a replacement but screw that, not going to wait ANOTHER 40 days to get mine plus the effort to get it from the post office.

Maybe I'll just learn to like my white Lumia and accept that I practically burned my money away.

AGAIN, DO NOT BUY. If yours hasn't shipped refund it before you regret your decision like me. It's really not worth opening up your phone and potentially voiding your warranty or worse damaging some parts only to put on an imperfect, poorly made housing.

On the plus side I got some nice tools to work with in the future, and a free screen cover.

If you still want the colour change I would highly recommend the polycarbonate housings sold by 2buyA - after I also got one of the cheap ones which broke within a week (garbage) I thought I'd give theirs a go. Ordered yesterday, arrived today and you can instantly see it's the official housing; easily removed plastic around the whole body and small red tabs covering the adhesive areas of the casing, the antennaes are completely different- they seem to go further down the case, heat strip is included, the camera cover on the back is level, buttons actually stick out of the case properly. The best part is that where the body of the device barely squeezed in the cheaper case, it slots perfectly in to the official housing.

If anybody is reading this and thinking of doing it - it's easy, but just avoid the cheap chinese housing and spend a little more for one from a UK seller. I would say though that the headphone socket and wireless coil I got from one of the chinese shops seem to be ok - no problems so far if they are knock-offs anyway, and they look exactly like the OEM ones (unlike the housing).

Edit: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e..._Tools%26hash%3Ditem4d0bfa669e&token=C2MIYNZ4

proper yellow case..

musik103

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what you mean? All I needed to switch were the wireless coil, headphone jack and charging connector at the base of the phone.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I must be one lucky guy then. My case from 5_cell still holding up great. Maybe he is running out of good quality cases from the discarded batch he received. Anyway, If I purchased again, I probably will use another source as well after reading all the comments above.

jbierste

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
So after almost a month I received my black replacement cover (dropped my Phone, and the original case had some big scuffs). Yesterday I sat down, and tried the conversion.

The first thing I noticed, was that the ceramic plate, with the camera cutout didn't have a Nokia logo on in (instead it says "Carl Zeiss") and it is not flush with the rest of the case. Then I continued with the conversion, and everything went fine, until I tried to put back the Phone in the case. It wouldn't click in place, because of the buttons on the right side.
It will leave a gap there...so already contacted the seller. He wants me to send him some photo's. Hopefully he will give me a refund. Will buy an original case next...(after I get refunded)

Will not buy from 5_bestcell again...

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I think only certain regions have the Nokia logo on the camera plate just as an FYI that is not indicative any any foul play. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure on that.

SchueyF1

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my red housing installed. I ordered it from 2buya. So far it is great. Paid a bit more, bit I'm confident it is OEM. Haven't noticed any flaws, plus it had the black heat strip in the casing which others don't have.

Chris Gregory

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
So, I converted my stormtrooper to a C3P0.
When i pulled up the wireless coil, i sorta ruined the sticky bit underneath.
I thought i would buy a new wireless coil to put into the white body so i could switch back and forth without having to worry about the coil.

I have received my coil from the seller, but it doesn't have the clear plastic double sided sticky thing.
Is this something I can buy? Do I have to order it separate orm the web site, or should it have come with the part?

Thanks for any advice!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre