Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 178
Like Tree46Likes
  1. Lemmiwinkles's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Lumia 920 black to yellow conversion - Imgur

    Just finished. Really happy! Just wish there was a cyan available now.
  2. ttsoldier's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,160 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,833 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Looks great.

    Mind posting where you got the housing from? I too, have been looking to do something like this.
    m3kk likes this.
  3. Lemmiwinkles's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #3  
    jonathanrn and ttsoldier like this.
  4. gsquared's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,368 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Very nice. Its too bad since they are offering the cases they do not offer some really custom colors. I think I'd trade in my StormTrooper if I could get a shell in gunmetal.
    m3kk likes this.
  5. Lemmiwinkles's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    Very nice. Its too bad since they are offering the cases they do not offer some really custom colors. I think I'd trade in my StormTrooper if I could get a shell in gunmetal.
    It was reassuring that they weren't, because it would have meant a much higher chance of not being OEM. I've had my fair share of non-OEM housings for iPhones and they were absolutely terrible in fit and quality. I think if anyone wants a custom colour they should buy a black/grey one and take it to a car-painter. I paint cars for a living and will probably have a Ford Focus ST green one in the next few months using a spare black. The matte texture is a good foundation for primer.
    gsquared likes this.
  6. Maserati Storm's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    I'm Buying a cyan phone, but i want the ceramic Nokia piece instead of that carl zeiss crap, can you send me yours lol
  7. Lemmiwinkles's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maserati Storm View Post
    I'm Buying a cyan phone, but i want the ceramic Nokia piece instead of that carl zeiss crap, can you send me yours lol
    The UK version still has Carl Zeiss, it's just a lot smaller. You can buy the UK (european?) version here: Camera Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 - Parts4repair.Com
  8. jonathanrn's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Just ordered a red one! Thanks OP!
  9. Maserati Storm's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
    The UK version still has Carl Zeiss, it's just a lot smaller. You can buy the UK (european?) version here: Camera Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 - Parts4repair.Com
    Sweet!!!!!!, thats what i want!
    This is how they have it in the us -_-
    http://thenokiablog.com/wp-content/u...-Lumia-920.jpg
  10. xrs22's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    719 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    I'd paint mine indigo ink pearl like my car cause I already have my oem paint.
  11. Napalm Frog's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maserati Storm View Post
    Sweet!!!!!!, thats what i want!
    This is how they have it in the us -_-
    http://thenokiablog.com/wp-content/u...-Lumia-920.jpg
    That's interesting. The Canadian one is the same as the 'European' version. Wonder why you guys got the ugly one.
  12. Blocks9's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    would love to try this out, but am afraid Id balls it up, and be left with a faulty phone :(
    Have the black 920, and if i had the courage would give the red a go... and at 22, its a steal!
  13. SchueyF1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    83 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blocks9 View Post
    would love to try this out, but am afraid Id balls it up, and be left with a faulty phone :(
    Have the black 920, and if i had the courage would give the red a go... and at 22, its a steal!
    Yeah me too. Maybe I could take it to a cell repair place and they could do it?
  14. Nick_1020's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,014 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,228 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    I'm gonna give this a try!

    Thanks.
  15. Blocks9's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by SchueyF1 View Post
    Yeah me too. Maybe I could take it to a cell repair place and they could do it?
    Yup, its possible. But doing this would almost certainly void the warranty.
  16. ttsoldier's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,160 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,833 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    I have to change my screen as well. I should probably definitely do this one time.

    Oh decisions. lol. If i go a polycarbonate color, I'll definitely have to get matching cc-1043 case to go with it. hmmmmm
    Bit concerned about the durability of the case though. OP how long ago did you do this?

    Does the paint on this one maybe chip /flake easily? U know how knockoffs can be sometimes. Would hate to change it and notice it chipping away and have to go back to the matte black -_-

    I know the original can get scratches on it. Does this one scratch...well... more? :/

    Edit. What do you know. This seller has the screen for the cheapest I've seen it yet, $110.usd.

    Boy oh boy is this tempting. *twitches*
  17. nikhilr51's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    339 Posts
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blocks9 View Post
    Yup, its possible. But doing this would almost certainly void the warranty.
    If you're in Australia, call up nokia and ask them to do it for you. You ship the phone to them, they'll change the back for you and send it back (along with the old back).
    Costs $118 including shipping, which is alright given that it'll definitely be 100% genuine and won't void warranty. Also you could probably get cyan i'd imagine.

    Also interesting to see "carl zeiss logo with a small tessar" written on the back on that ceramic bit, i thought everybody got the "Nokia logo with a small carl zeiss" one that we get there.\

    Btw: congrats to OP, amazing job!!!
  18. david90531's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,045 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    Is the procedure difficult? How long did it take for you to assemble everything? Very tempted to get a white one to change my black L920~
  19. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,036 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,042 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by david90531 View Post
    Is the procedure difficult? How long did it take for you to assemble everything? Very tempted to get a white one to change my black L920~
    Better get a white case, I mean the procedure is as good as doing a surgery, 1 snap and its in a limbo :s
  20. Lemmiwinkles's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    Bit concerned about the durability of the case though. OP how long ago did you do this?

    Does the paint on this one maybe chip /flake easily? U know how knockoffs can be sometimes. Would hate to change it and notice it chipping away and have to go back to the matte black -_-

    I know the original can get scratches on it. Does this one scratch...well... more? :/
    I did this 24 hours ago. It's poly-carbonate and identical to the original shell (most likely OEM). It is not painted, the yellow runs completely through the plastic. Chipping the phone would only reveal more yellow underneath.

    I'm not overly concerned about scratches when a replacement is 22 ;)
    ttsoldier likes this.
  21. naeem151287's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    You should have made a video, it would have been most useful! I have opened by phone before but I'd like to see how you removed the wireless charging plate and the headphone jack and put them in the new shell.
  22. sutt359's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    91 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    Here a link for the charging pad if you dont wanna remove the old one.
    Genuine Nokia Lumia 920 WPC RX Wireless Charging Pad - 5900101 | eBay

    And heres a link for the HeadPhone socket plate that mounts to the shell.
    GENUINE Nokia Lumia 920 AV Headphone Socket Port Headphone Jack COVER COVER ONLY | eBay
    naeem151287 and ttsoldier like this.
  23. gsquared's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,368 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
    It was reassuring that they weren't, because it would have meant a much higher chance of not being OEM. I've had my fair share of non-OEM housings for iPhones and they were absolutely terrible in fit and quality. I think if anyone wants a custom colour they should buy a black/grey one and take it to a car-painter. I paint cars for a living and will probably have a Ford Focus ST green one in the next few months using a spare black. The matte texture is a good foundation for primer.
    I was thinking the same..

    I first saw the gunmetal color on a Lumia 800. It was done by a gentleman who did custom car mods.
  24. doublesman3486's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by david90531 View Post
    Is the procedure difficult? How long did it take for you to assemble everything? Very tempted to get a white one to change my black L920~

    I would love to get my hands on the grey
  25. MDak280's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  
    I have a question about the camera badge/bezel. If, whenever it's up for sale, the cyan shells do not come with the camera badge, is it possible to transfer the badge from the original casing to the replacement one? [s]Also, did the seller you bought from include the correct screwdriver(s?) needed? I don't have the right screwdriver(s?) so if that's not included idk if I can justify buying something like this :p[/s]

    Edit: Nevermind about the screwdrivers, I just looked at the lot that you bought from and saw that the screwdrivers were included :)
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lumia 920 (black) and CC-1043 (yellow), problem!!!
    By malikons in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 02:35 PM
  2. FS: Lumia 920 Black with Yellow Charging Plate
    By brdl04 in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 08:45 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 09:32 AM
  4. Rodgers Lumia 920 ship to U.S?
    By TechyMexican in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 05:01 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 03:58 PM

Posting Permissions