Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Lumia 920 black to yellow conversion - Imgur

Just finished. Really happy! Just wish there was a cyan available now.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Looks great.

Mind posting where you got the housing from? I too, have been looking to do something like this.
    Thanked by:
    m3kk 

Thanked by:

Very nice. Its too bad since they are offering the cases they do not offer some really custom colors. I think I'd trade in my StormTrooper if I could get a shell in gunmetal.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...
    Thanked by:
    m3kk 

Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    Very nice. Its too bad since they are offering the cases they do not offer some really custom colors. I think I'd trade in my StormTrooper if I could get a shell in gunmetal.
    It was reassuring that they weren't, because it would have meant a much higher chance of not being OEM. I've had my fair share of non-OEM housings for iPhones and they were absolutely terrible in fit and quality. I think if anyone wants a custom colour they should buy a black/grey one and take it to a car-painter. I paint cars for a living and will probably have a Ford Focus ST green one in the next few months using a spare black. The matte texture is a good foundation for primer.
    gsquared likes this.

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I'm Buying a cyan phone, but i want the ceramic Nokia piece instead of that carl zeiss crap, can you send me yours lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maserati Storm View Post
    I'm Buying a cyan phone, but i want the ceramic Nokia piece instead of that carl zeiss crap, can you send me yours lol
    The UK version still has Carl Zeiss, it's just a lot smaller. You can buy the UK (european?) version here: Camera Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 - Parts4repair.Com

Just ordered a red one! Thanks OP!

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
    The UK version still has Carl Zeiss, it's just a lot smaller. You can buy the UK (european?) version here: Camera Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 - Parts4repair.Com
    Sweet!!!!!!, thats what i want!
    This is how they have it in the us -_-
    http://thenokiablog.com/wp-content/u...-Lumia-920.jpg

I'd paint mine indigo ink pearl like my car cause I already have my oem paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Maserati Storm View Post
    Sweet!!!!!!, thats what i want!
    This is how they have it in the us -_-
    http://thenokiablog.com/wp-content/u...-Lumia-920.jpg
    That's interesting. The Canadian one is the same as the 'European' version. Wonder why you guys got the ugly one.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    would love to try this out, but am afraid Id balls it up, and be left with a faulty phone :(
    Have the black 920, and if i had the courage would give the red a go... and at 22, its a steal!

Quote Originally Posted by Blocks9 View Post
    would love to try this out, but am afraid Id balls it up, and be left with a faulty phone :(
    Have the black 920, and if i had the courage would give the red a go... and at 22, its a steal!
    Yeah me too. Maybe I could take it to a cell repair place and they could do it?

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    I'm gonna give this a try!

Thanks.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SchueyF1 View Post
    Yeah me too. Maybe I could take it to a cell repair place and they could do it?
    Yup, its possible. But doing this would almost certainly void the warranty.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    I have to change my screen as well. I should probably definitely do this one time.

Oh decisions. lol. If i go a polycarbonate color, I'll definitely have to get matching cc-1043 case to go with it. hmmmmm
    Bit concerned about the durability of the case though. OP how long ago did you do this?

Does the paint on this one maybe chip /flake easily? U know how knockoffs can be sometimes. Would hate to change it and notice it chipping away and have to go back to the matte black -_-

I know the original can get scratches on it. Does this one scratch...well... more? :/

Edit. What do you know. This seller has the screen for the cheapest I've seen it yet, $110.usd.

Boy oh boy is this tempting. *twitches*

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blocks9 View Post
    Yup, its possible. But doing this would almost certainly void the warranty.
    If you're in Australia, call up nokia and ask them to do it for you. You ship the phone to them, they'll change the back for you and send it back (along with the old back).
    Costs $118 including shipping, which is alright given that it'll definitely be 100% genuine and won't void warranty. Also you could probably get cyan i'd imagine.

Also interesting to see "carl zeiss logo with a small tessar" written on the back on that ceramic bit, i thought everybody got the "Nokia logo with a small carl zeiss" one that we get there.\

Btw: congrats to OP, amazing job!!!

Is the procedure difficult? How long did it take for you to assemble everything? Very tempted to get a white one to change my black L920~
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by david90531 View Post
    Is the procedure difficult? How long did it take for you to assemble everything? Very tempted to get a white one to change my black L920~
    Better get a white case, I mean the procedure is as good as doing a surgery, 1 snap and its in a limbo :s

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    Bit concerned about the durability of the case though. OP how long ago did you do this?

Does the paint on this one maybe chip /flake easily? U know how knockoffs can be sometimes. Would hate to change it and notice it chipping away and have to go back to the matte black -_-

I know the original can get scratches on it. Does this one scratch...well... more? :/
    I did this 24 hours ago. It's poly-carbonate and identical to the original shell (most likely OEM). It is not painted, the yellow runs completely through the plastic. Chipping the phone would only reveal more yellow underneath.

I'm not overly concerned about scratches when a replacement is 22 ;)
    ttsoldier likes this.

You should have made a video, it would have been most useful! I have opened by phone before but I'd like to see how you removed the wireless charging plate and the headphone jack and put them in the new shell.

Here a link for the charging pad if you dont wanna remove the old one.
    Genuine Nokia Lumia 920 WPC RX Wireless Charging Pad - 5900101 | eBay

And heres a link for the HeadPhone socket plate that mounts to the shell.
    GENUINE Nokia Lumia 920 AV Headphone Socket Port Headphone Jack COVER COVER ONLY | eBay
    Nokia Lumia 930 WP8.1 |Nokia Lumia 1020 WP8.1 |Nokia Lumia 925 WP8.1 |Nokia Lumia 920 WP8 | Nokia Lumia 620 WP8.1 |Nokia Lumia 800, 7.8 | Nokia Lumia 710, 7.8 | HTC Radar | HTC Trophy | HTC HD2 7.8 |
    Powerd by Windows Phone
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
    It was reassuring that they weren't, because it would have meant a much higher chance of not being OEM. I've had my fair share of non-OEM housings for iPhones and they were absolutely terrible in fit and quality. I think if anyone wants a custom colour they should buy a black/grey one and take it to a car-painter. I paint cars for a living and will probably have a Ford Focus ST green one in the next few months using a spare black. The matte texture is a good foundation for primer.
    I was thinking the same..

I first saw the gunmetal color on a Lumia 800. It was done by a gentleman who did custom car mods.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...
    Quote Originally Posted by david90531 View Post

I would love to get my hands on the grey

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I have a question about the camera badge/bezel. If, whenever it's up for sale, the cyan shells do not come with the camera badge, is it possible to transfer the badge from the original casing to the replacement one? [s]Also, did the seller you bought from include the correct screwdriver(s?) needed? I don't have the right screwdriver(s?) so if that's not included idk if I can justify buying something like this :p[/s]

Edit: Nevermind about the screwdrivers, I just looked at the lot that you bought from and saw that the screwdrivers were included :)
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast