Carl Zeiss and my Root Canal

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Had one today, hooray, and low and behold, on the telescoping light/lens thing the dentist looked through was a certain stamp of one Carl Zeiss.

Made me happy as the drill dug into my tooth with that super awesome smell that comes with it, yes I'm a nerd.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Numbing agent had worn off but I can eat soft stuff. Feeling pretty decent considering how much fun it was

The worst is the face stretch thing that opens your mouth the size if a man hole cover!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Numbing agent had worn off but I can eat soft stuff. Feeling pretty decent considering how much fun it was

The worst is the face stretch thing that opens your mouth the size if a man hole cover!
Yeah, the face stretch is the worst. I hope you got some strong painkillers for now since the numbing agent has worn off.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Just by reading the title of the post, I thought you had taken pictures of your root canal with your 920 and I didn't want to see that! Almost didn't click but I was intrigued...

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had two root canals and honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. To me, a couple of fillings I've had hurt far worse after the fact than the root canal ever did.

Not saying I want to do it again mind you! :D

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've had two root canals and honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. To me, a couple of fillings I've had hurt far worse after the fact than the root canal ever did.

Not saying I want to do it again mind you! :D
You were lucky. I never had any issues with fillings or crowns, but for me the only dental work worse than the root canal was getting wisdom teeth taken out.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
You were lucky. I never had any issues with fillings or crowns, but for me the only dental work worse than the root canal was getting wisdom teeth taken out.

To be fair, I had lots of nitrous and was feeling pretty happy. Love that stuff and if it wasn't for the fact that one is administered it for bad reasons, I'd probably figure a way to go to the dentist more often just to get me some of that happy gas.

I had Mexican tonight and right now, I've got anything but happy gas!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
To be fair, I had lots of nitrous and was feeling pretty happy. Love that stuff and if it wasn't for the fact that one is administered it for bad reasons, I'd probably figure a way to go to the dentist more often just to get me some of that happy gas.

I had Mexican tonight and right now, I've got anything but happy gas!
I just had Novacaine for mine.When the dentist started it, my mouth wasn't numb yet, so he had to give me two more shots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro