Lumia 920 refuses to boot :X

Masterz1337

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
So my Lumia 920 (launch unit ATT) was running low on battery, and forgetting to charge it, it turned off (duh). However, when I put it on the wireless charger, the device turns on and shows me the nokia logo, then shows the depleted battery sign, then goes to a light black (looks like backlight is still on). I can't get it to boot at all, even after sitting on the charger for about 10 minutes. Plugging it in via the USB plug does no better, in fact when plugged into my Macbook or wall, it doesn't even stay at the dark screen, and the WP8 connector shows no recognition of it.

I'm guessing I'll just let it sit on the wireless charger overnight... but would doing a hard reset be a possible fix? I've done all the software updates, but if the battery is not charging I guess I'm screwed. Anyone else ever heard of instances like this happening?

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Put the phone into a wall charger and let it be there for about 2 hrs. It should boot up in 40 mins, but just to be sure. If it doesn't boot up, do as above suggested - vol down + power till the phone vibrates.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
So my Lumia 920 (launch unit ATT) was running low on battery, and forgetting to charge it, it turned off (duh). However, when I put it on the wireless charger, the device turns on and shows me the nokia logo, then shows the depleted battery sign, then goes to a light black (looks like backlight is still on). I can't get it to boot at all, even after sitting on the charger for about 10 minutes. Plugging it in via the USB plug does no better, in fact when plugged into my Macbook or wall, it doesn't even stay at the dark screen, and the WP8 connector shows no recognition of it.

I'm guessing I'll just let it sit on the wireless charger overnight... but would doing a hard reset be a possible fix? I've done all the software updates, but if the battery is not charging I guess I'm screwed. Anyone else ever heard of instances like this happening?

Patience. That is the key. Do NOT do a hard reset, and STOP DOING SOFT ONES TOO! Just leave it alone.

Your phone (all WPs back to my launch Samsung Focus) have done that. When the battery goes to 0 and has to turn itself off, it will not come back on when 1st plugged in. It needs to build up a basic "base charge" and that takes a couple of minutes. Put your phone on the charger and walk away!!! I know that is hard to do with technology but it is needed sometimes, haha.

How long it will take to get up and running depends on how badly you beat it into the ground while it was dead. Could be 20 minutes, could be 40.

I am most surprised that you have had a phone for 6 months and this is the FIRST time it went to 0% on you.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same issue with my Lumia 810. Twice in the past five months that I've had it, the battery drained to nothing and it just died. It wouldn't turn on when I plugged it in its charger. Takes several minutes before it will actually boot up again, but nothing to panic over. As others have said, patience is the key.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same issue with my Lumia 810. Twice in the past five months that I've had it, the battery drained to nothing and it just died. It wouldn't turn on when I plugged it in its charger. Takes several minutes before it will actually boot up again, but nothing to panic over. As others have said, patience is the key.

The first time it did it on my Samsung Focus I about died. I plugged it in, and nothing...just a black screen with no response. My heart was just racing, haha.

About 15 minutes later it finally started showing the red battery and then about 15 minutes later it finally booted up.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The first time it did it on my Samsung Focus I about died. I plugged it in, and nothing...just a black screen with no response. My heart was just racing, haha.

About 15 minutes later it finally started showing the red battery and then about 15 minutes later it finally booted up.

LOL, I know that feeling. I was okay when it happened on my 810 because I'd already experienced that with my iPhone 4 before. I knew there was nothing to worry about. ;)

Masterz1337

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Patience. That is the key. Do NOT do a hard reset, and STOP DOING SOFT ONES TOO! Just leave it alone.

Your phone (all WPs back to my launch Samsung Focus) have done that. When the battery goes to 0 and has to turn itself off, it will not come back on when 1st plugged in. It needs to build up a basic "base charge" and that takes a couple of minutes. Put your phone on the charger and walk away!!! I know that is hard to do with technology but it is needed sometimes, haha.

How long it will take to get up and running depends on how badly you beat it into the ground while it was dead. Could be 20 minutes, could be 40.

I am most surprised that you have had a phone for 6 months and this is the FIRST time it went to 0% on you.

This did the trick, I ended up letting it sit on the charger while waiting for responses, went to sleep and checked on it after about an hour or so. I've been with WP since launch, but I've never seen any of my phones (focus, dvp, surround, l900 or 920) react like this with 0% battery. Perhaps something changed with the latest firmware or something? I've always seen the white battery icon with the red bar stay on screen and flash when I've been at 0 on my L920. Either way, thank you everyone for your help!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre