Irritating Watsapp notification

vipss

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have installed the watsapp and Skype. Many ppl are pining and my phone vibrates heavily. I want to get rid of the notifications and vibration.

One option I am having is to uninstall the apps and get rid of those. But I want those apps. I just don't want the notification and vibration.

Thanks.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
If there isn't an option to disable notifications within the apps themselves (I don't use either app so can't comment) then you would have to disable all notifications on the phone itself

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
in whatsapp you can silence group notifications for up to a week i think, not sure about individual messages from people on your contact list. In Skype, you can disable both skype and messenger message notifications completely, go to your profile, pull up the three dots at the bottom and go to nofication
Hi,

I have installed the watsapp and Skype. Many ppl are pining and my phone vibrates heavily. I want to get rid of the notifications and vibration.

One option I am having is to uninstall the apps and get rid of those. But I want those apps. I just don't want the notification and vibration.

Thanks.

konai

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

You can disable notifications for WhatsApp! Go to WhatsApp > ... (three dots) > Show message in notification (literally translated) and turn it off.

For Skype you go to Skype > profile picture in the upper right hand corner > ... > notifications > disable both options.

vipss

May 7, 2013
Visit site
@Konai: "Show message in notification": It is actually turning off the message not the notification. :/
@WorzelGummage: could you please explain how to disable phone notifications itself. I would like to explore that option.

Thanks.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
@Konai: "Show message in notification": It is actually turning off the message not the notification. :/
@WorzelGummage: could you please explain how to disable phone notifications itself. I would like to explore that option.

Thanks.

To turn off notifications go to Settings > ringtones + sounds then scroll down the screen and untick "All other notifications". This should stop the phone from vibrating and playing a sound when a new message comes in from Whatsapp or Skype. It won't affect notifications for normal SMS's.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
To turn off notifications go to Settings > ringtones + sounds then scroll down the screen and untick "All other notifications". This should stop the phone from vibrating and playing a sound when a new message comes in from Whatsapp or Skype. It won't affect notifications for normal SMS's.
easier, just tab the volume rocker and switch the top right corner to silence symbol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)