How to Get Stuff/Settings from Lumia 810 to New Lumia 920?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, all. I just got my new unlocked black Rogers Lumia 920 and am absolutely stumped as to how to get all my apps, contact list, texts and other settings from my Lumia 810 onto it. The 810 was my very first WP. Anyone know how to do this? I definitely need the help! Thanks.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I actually just restored my 920 to original settings because it seemed a few things came up, such as the People Hub and calendar entries. I'm retrying now because I'm absolutely positive I went about it wrong when I originally tried setting up the 920; I even had the SIM in the wrong way, so that gave me added issues.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Ugh! Oh, this is terrific. I keep trying to sign into my Microsoft Live account but can't because I have no Wi-Fi connection. How am I supposed to restore my backup from my 810 then?! :angry:

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
All I have is silly questions. I am assuming that the phone is not activated yet and that is why you need the Wi-Fi. My second silly question is why no Wi-Fi??

good luck with the phone!!!!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, b23h! I had actually reset the phone and tried to start again, but it didn't go through as I wanted. I managed to get my text messages back somehow. Yeah, no Wi-Fi to start. I hadn't gotten to the Home screen at that point, so I couldn't reach the settings to turn Wi-Fi on and connect. :-/ I remember when I got my 810 how I had to sign up for a Microsoft Live account, but I don't believe it made me sign in afterward.

Now I have other issues. I entered these settings to access T-Mobile's network, but I'm unable to get my cellular data and can't send or receive texts:

APN: epc.tmobile.com (all other fields blank)
Cellular Settings: 3G
Internet APN: epc.tmobile.com (all other fields blank)
MMS APN - APN: epc.tmobile.com
MMSC URL: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS port: 80
Max MMS size: 1024 (all other fields blank)

Okay, so that's what I've got. What am I doing wrong that I'm unable to see data or messages??

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
reading further down the posts I see this...

http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/32597?start=120&tstart=0

"Unfortunately, this appears to be a side affect of using the Nokia Access Point app. It fixes MMS so it will work, but it breaks Internet Sharing. The other method of entering the APN settings manually seems to allow Internet Sharing to work, but MMS only worked intermittently for me. The really bad thing is it doesn't appear that you can uninstall the Access Point app once it is installed."

I don't know what to say or what to suggest at this point...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you again, b23h. I actually don't use Internet Sharing, so that doesn't bother me. I did see that thread up on T-Mo that once you use the Access Point app, it can't be uninstalled (weird). I'm probably going to try the APN settings again and then just turn to the Access Point app if it doesn't work.

In the meantime, I'm updating the firmware in my 920. I assume it's the 1308 update.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
ah, updated firmware.... What a strange concept for us 810 owners!!! I've read that the 1308 firmware MAY fix that internet sharing issue.

good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss