Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By megamaster5
  1. megamaster5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
       #1  
    So, it's free online right? Well I went into the store and they price matched it for me so it was free in stores! I got it in Red ;) Wanted Cyan but it wasn't there plus.. this is a better choice. Manlier lols. Anywho, I got one question.

    Is TTLS-PAP support coming? I need it for school womp. Well, not need but like.. it'd be a huge help.

    Any apps you recommend I get? I'm a college student. Only got WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Really liking the device though.
    HeyCori and iboypx like this.
  2. devil.insulted's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    #2  
    Congrats on your buy here are few apps you could use

    1. Speed Test from Speedtest.net
    2. Toggle to have shortcuts for wifi, data, etc
    3. Live Calendar
    4. Skype
    5. IM+ Messenger
    6. Sky Drive
    7. PDF Reader by Pompolutz
    8. Post It
    9. Transfer My Data From Nokia Most Important to transfer any contacts
    10. Amazing Weather HD (Try Before You Buy)
    11. Viber (If you have friends on Viber)
    12. UC Browser
    13. Nokia Express Browser
    14. Here Maps, Drive and Transit
    15. Note Plus
    16. Amazing Music
    17. Pandora
    18. Angry Birds Currently Free
    and Any other games or apps you like
    Thanked by:
  3. megamaster5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
       #3  
    I got some exploring to do. I won't really be getting to use most of them extensively until after finals haha.
    Last edited by megamaster5; 05-08-2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Double post.
  4. megamaster5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
       #4  
    I got some exploring to do. I won't really be getting to use most of them extensively until after finals haha. Thanks! Is the snapchat petition going well? ;)
  5. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,704 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Congrats on your buy here are few apps you could use

    1. Speed Test from Speedtest.net
    2. Toggle to have shortcuts for wifi, data, etc
    3. Live Calendar
    4. Skype
    5. IM+ Messenger
    6. Sky Drive
    7. PDF Reader by Pompolutz
    8. Post It
    9. Transfer My Data From Nokia Most Important to transfer any contacts
    10. Amazing Weather HD (Try Before You Buy)
    11. Viber (If you have friends on Viber)
    12. UC Browser
    13. Nokia Express Browser
    14. Here Maps, Drive and Transit
    15. Note Plus
    16. Amazing Music
    17. Pandora
    18. Angry Birds Currently Free
    and Any other games or apps you like
    19. Official YouTube app.

    Forgot this one :-)
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

    Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

    Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

    [IMG][/IMG]
  6. 5tephen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    375 Posts
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by megamaster5 View Post
    So, it's free online right? Well I went into the store and they price matched it for me so it was free in stores! I got it in Red ;) Wanted Cyan but it wasn't there plus.. this is a better choice. Manlier lols. Anywho, I got one question.

    Is TTLS-PAP support coming? I need it for school womp. Well, not need but like.. it'd be a huge help.

    Any apps you recommend I get? I'm a college student. Only got WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Really liking the device though.
    what type of phone did you have before? If it was an Android phone and you haven't already reset it,get the switch to windows phone app and it will run through what you have and then run it on your 920 and it will give you suggestions of identical or similar apps to download.
  7. Michael Archambault's Avatar
    Photographer, Blogger, Entrepreneur

    Posts
    42 Posts
    #7  
    Congrats megamaster!

    Some of my favorite apps pinned to my start screen right now include:

    • Weather Flow
    • Spotify
    • Metrotube (Still better than the new YouTube app - IMO)
    • Evernote
    • SkyDrive
    • Yelp
    • Amazon Kindle
    • Amazon Shopping
    • Skype
    • Facebook
    • Twitter (Rowi is a great alternative too)
    • Foursquare
    • G+

    and of course... the offical WP Central App! ;)

    Enjoy that awesome 920!
    Last edited by Michael Archambault; 05-08-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    -Michael Archambault
    @marcham93
  8. megamaster5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 5tephen View Post
    what type of phone did you have before? If it was an Android phone and you haven't already reset it,get the switch to windows phone app and it will run through what you have and then run it on your 920 and it will give you suggestions of identical or similar apps to download.
    Ah I already returned it unfortunately, but good suggestion! I don't really use too many apps :)
  9. phantom404's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #9  
    Dang. just switched over from Verizon yesterday and got the lumia 920. Wonder if I can call them and get some kind of refund or money back. Congrats on the price!

    *just got off the phone with the retail store that I bought the phone with and they credited me back what I paid :) Very happy with att's customer service so far.
    Last edited by phantom404; 05-08-2013 at 04:05 PM.
  10. paras chugh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #10  
    hey there, i am also gonna buy one but after 15th may after which angry birds sale ends....could u do me a favour since u have a new phone, i'll message u my outlook username and password and u could login to your phone with that and then reset your phone so that my acc. activates for buying angry birds for free.....i am askin u since after reset u won't lose anything cause it's new.....thanks in advance mate
  11. megamaster5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by paras chugh View Post
    hey there, i am also gonna buy one but after 15th may after which angry birds sale ends....could u do me a favour since u have a new phone, i'll message u my outlook username and password and u could login to your phone with that and then reset your phone so that my acc. activates for buying angry birds for free.....i am askin u since after reset u won't lose anything cause it's new.....thanks in advance mate
    Sorry, don't feel comfortable doing that.
  12. mpelti's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    135 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by michael archambault View Post

    • Yelp
    Careful recommending Yelp. The WP8 app is very limited compared to the iOS and Android versions. It can search for restaurants, but has no access to any feature that involves logging in, such as check-in, forums, or deals.
    Curse this app gap!
  13. Elephant2000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    85 Posts
    #13  
    Congrats!

    Check out the At&t and Nokia exclusive software. Here is my list of recommended apps:
    1. #2InstaWithLove
    2. 4th & Mayor OR the new Foursquare. ( I have both and can't decide which one to keep! )
    3. ActiveNet Now!
    4. Blink
    5. ConnectivityShortcuts
    6. Facebook Beta (Its getting better!)
    7. Flixster
    8. Free Ringtones
    9. HERE Drive
    10. LazyLens
    11. PDF Reader (All it does is read)
    12. PhotoGrid
    13. Photosynth
    14. PIcture Perfect
    15. RapDialer
    16. SkyDrive
    17. Speedtest.net
    18. Tumblr
    19. Twitter
    20. Urbanspoon
    21.Weather Channel
    22. Windows Phone Insider
    23. YouTube
  14. megamaster5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant2000 View Post
    Congrats!

    Check out the At&t and Nokia exclusive software. Here is my list of recommended apps:
    1. #2InstaWithLove
    2. 4th & Mayor OR the new Foursquare. ( I have both and can't decide which one to keep! )
    3. ActiveNet Now!
    4. Blink
    5. ConnectivityShortcuts
    6. Facebook Beta (Its getting better!)
    7. Flixster
    8. Free Ringtones
    9. HERE Drive
    10. LazyLens
    11. PDF Reader (All it does is read)
    12. PhotoGrid
    13. Photosynth
    14. PIcture Perfect
    15. RapDialer
    16. SkyDrive
    17. Speedtest.net
    18. Tumblr
    19. Twitter
    20. Urbanspoon
    21.Weather Channel
    22. Windows Phone Insider
    23. YouTube
    Thanks for the list!

    I actually was wondering if there is a .mobi reader available for Windows Phone? My Kindle app doesn't get the books that I didn't buy from Amazon. :/
  15. Elephant2000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    85 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by megamaster5 View Post
    Thanks for the list!

    I actually was wondering if there is a .mobi reader available for Windows Phone? My Kindle app doesn't get the books that I didn't buy from Amazon. :/
    Not exactly sure what would work. Try here...http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...reader/ereader
    Last edited by Elephant2000; 05-09-2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Wrong URL
  16. Elephant2000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    85 Posts
    #16  
    OMG! I forgot Fourthmeal Finder!!!!!
  17. raycpl's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    925 Posts
    #17  
    You got a mean and (not so) little machine. Mine has been with me for two months... still lots of new things to love about it.

    The camera is a thing of beauty, so try as many lens as you can. I settled for:-
    • Fantasia Painter (free)
    • Fotor
    • SophieLens
    • Picture Info (displays picture's EXIF/Meta data. Actually, its should be built into the OS)
    • Creative Studio
    • Camera360


    Forget about what you hear about the scarcity of app, the ones that is available are quite solid. Some I use, in no running order
    - Dropbox
    - Flashlight-x
    - Header Tiles
    - Connectivity Shortcuts
    - HERE City, Drive, Maps....
    - SkyMap Free (for the star gazers!!)
    - On This Day
    - Stop Watch
    - Unit Conversion Tool
    - UC Browser (cos its fast)
    - The usual social apps - Facebook Beta, Skype, WhatsApp, WeChat
    **I dont use Instagram nor play much games

    .. have a blast
  18. Winfonejunkie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    85 Posts
    #18  
    put the book inside the kindle folder on your phone when you connect it to your pc
  19. WP95's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    25 Posts
    #19  
    Hmm....there seems to be an app that all of you guys are missing.

    How about WPCentral????????
  20. megamaster5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
       #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winfonejunkie View Post
    put the book inside the kindle folder on your phone when you connect it to your pc
    Grand idea. I shall try that.
  21. rmsb1984's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by WP95 View Post
    Hmm....there seems to be an app that all of you guys are missing.

    How about WPCentral????????

    don't tell me your name is Jay Bennett
  22. WanderingTraveler's Avatar

    Posts
    4,678 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,688 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmsb1984 View Post
    don't tell me your name is Jay Bennett
    Jay's username is JayTBennett.
    Barring the possibility that he created alt accounts, he's not Jay.
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

    3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)


    I have a creepy avatar, don't I?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2013, 02:25 AM
  2. Got my Lumia 920 today no problems
    By GT2010PassportVersion in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 06:35 AM
  3. Got the lumia 920 today - rogers canada
    By KaraNari in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-15-2012, 06:20 PM
  4. Got my Lumia 900 today...
    By mdram in forum Nokia Lumia 900
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 12:58 PM

Posting Permissions